General Sports Appreciation Topic

I've never heard of it hahaha :)

After typing it in google I found this on my left side of the screen:

bandy

(of a person's legs) curved outwards so that the knees are wide apart.

"she had bent, slightly bandy legs"

Similar:
bowed
curved
bent
crooked
misshapen
malformed
bow-legged
bandy-legged

(of a person) having bandy legs.

adjective: bandy-legged
"he was short, bandy, and obese"

and this on the right side:
Bandy is a team winter sport played on ice, in which skaters use sticks to direct a ball into the opposing team's goal. The sport is considered a form of hockey and has a common background with ice hockey and field hockey.

I've never heard of it hahaha :)

After typing it in google I found this on my left side of the screen:

bandy

/ˈbandi/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

adjective: bandy; comparative adjective: bandier; superlative adjective: bandiest

(of a person's legs) curved outwards so that the knees are wide apart.

"she had bent, slightly bandy legs"

Similar:
bowed
curved
bent
crooked
misshapen
malformed
bow-legged
bandy-legged

(of a person) having bandy legs.

adjective: bandy-legged
"he was short, bandy, and obese"

and this on the right side:
Bandy is a team winter sport played on ice, in which skaters use sticks to direct a ball into the opposing team's goal. The sport is considered a form of hockey and has a common background with ice hockey and field hockey.
It is great to watch, I assure you. It's where ice hockey comes from but unfortunately not played worldwide because of the big field.
And yes, it might have started in your country, a long time ago.
1615159208235.png

I have some strange deja vu as if I heard about this before but the word "bandy" is missing. The word does not ring a bell but the rest does. I'm getting old.

I have some strange deja vu as if I heard about this before but the word "bandy" is missing. The word does not ring a bell but the rest does. I'm getting old.
We all are.
Kolf, or kolven, might be related to both bandy and golf. Or not.

5r0v1kczler61.jpg

Places of birth of all waterpolo gold medal recipients (since 2000, men), encircled.

With the time 46,70 on 400m hurdles, Karsten Warholm becomes the first Norwegian to break a track and field world record since 2000 and the first male Norwegian to do so since 1964 ...! The Olympic 400m hurdles race will be a real battle between him and Rai Benjamin (USA) who just some days ago was only 0,05s from beating the record himself. They face off one time before the Olympics, next Friday in Monaco.

Back