G N' R Leaked Tracks

macunaima

Trooper
I don't know how many people here are into Guns n' Roses, but you may interested to know that a couple of songs from their upcoming album Chinese Democracy have been leaked onto the Internet.

You can download them here:

[links removed]

Axl has dragged the good name of Guns 'n' Roses through the dirt so much over the years. I don't really care about this new album, the band is not the same as it ever was. This album has been on the cards for quite a while but with a lack of well known musicians, it's destined to fail.

BTW, I don't think you're allowed to post links to where one can download official material [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129389:date=Feb 20 2006, 05:48 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 20 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]129389[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
BTW, I don't think you're allowed to post links to where one can download official material [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[/quote]

Oh? What exactly do you mean by "official material?" Copyrighted? Hmm, good point.

In any case, if these things shouldn't be up, I'll be happy to delete my original post...or a moderator can do it.

I thought it only pertained to "selling" or "trading" but, I don't see this any different from the "h" video among other links that have been posted...

[!--quoteo(post=129396:date=Feb 20 2006, 06:14 PM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Feb 20 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]129396[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I thought it only pertained to "selling" or "trading" but, I don't see this any different from the "h" video among other links that have been posted...
[/quote]

You may be right about what the law says. But one significant difference between these links and the 'h' video, is that these links are for downloading the files. The 'h' video was streamed. I don't know if that matters from a legal perspective, but it might.

In any case, since I don't want the owners of this board to get in trouble on my account, I've removed the links.

Enough talk about the legal procedures of leaked file sharing, whatn about the actual music?

I was actually pleasantly surprised as I was expecting much worse. Not a patch on the old g'n'r though [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129409:date=Feb 21 2006, 08:20 AM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 21 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]129409[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I was actually pleasantly surprised as I was expecting much worse. Not a patch on the old g'n'r though [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]
[/quote]

I agree. It is still "classic hard rock" but it is quite distinctive. Axl seems to have figured out how to incorporate various elements (progressive, hip-hop electronic, etc.) into a hard rock template to surprisingly unique and effective results. I'm looking forward to the finished album which - from what I hear - should be released sometime in March.....................of 2010. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129419:date=Feb 21 2006, 03:32 PM:name=macunaima)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(macunaima @ Feb 21 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]129419[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I agree. It is still "classic hard rock" but it is quite distinctive. Axl seems to have figured out how to incorporate various elements (progressive, hip-hop electronic, etc.) into a hard rock template to surprisingly unique and effective results.
[/quote]
Do you not get the impression sometimes that the songs lose structure and degenerate into minutes of noise and solos... that's the impression I got from "TWAT" and "There was a time". There is definitely the G'n'r trademark sound that nobody can define.

I agree that it is very distinctive and can't wait until the formal release

[!--quoteo(post=129422:date=Feb 21 2006, 04:26 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 21 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]129422[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Do you not get the impression sometimes that the songs lose structure and degenerate into minutes of noise and solos...[/quote]

Didn't that wonderful masterpiece of a song called "My World" give a Axl a lesson on pointless muscial masturbation? You'd think he would have all that time to learn but maybe I'm wrong...

[!--quoteo(post=129424:date=Feb 21 2006, 04:31 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Feb 21 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]129424[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Didn't that wonderful masterpiece of a song called "My World" give a Axl a lesson on pointless muscial masturbation? You'd think he would have all that time to learn but maybe I'm wrong...
[/quote]
I think that is completley different BD... My World was meant to be a rap/talking "song" telling us about the world of a rock star or whatever. The "musical masturbation" on this new demo is different as it's solo upon solo played upon a good rhythm section... kind of like Pink Floyd jazzed up a bit [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"B)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"cool.gif\" /]

Well okay then, but still, "My World" is still the finest song ever created and not even songs like "Twilight Of The Gods" or "Black Rose Immortal" can reach its fine prowess of musical perfection.

Back