Futureal CD2 ?

I was looking at Maiden pictures online as I often do, and I saw this photo from 1998 of the band promoting Futureal on CD and vinyl. I zoomed in and noticed that on the right side there is a CD2 of Futureal that I have never seen before. Was this CD actually released anywhere? I can't find anything about it online, so I'm wondering if it was planned but never actually released. Does anybody have any information about this? Thank you.20220511_201049.jpg

Attachments

• 20220511_201049.jpg
    20220511_201049.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It could be just for marketing plans but they only release 1 version containing the stuff of the 2 cds. I've got the CD-single digipack from UK and contains the whole stuff from the 2 cds announced there.

The Angel and the Gambler was the 1st single and maybe it was decision of the company just release 1 cd-single of futureal. due to the poor salesI don't know.

Mine includes:
1. Futureal
2. The Evil that Men Do (Live)
3. Man on the Edge (Live)
4. Enhanced Multimedia Section: The Angel and the Gambler Video
Poster included.

It could be just for marketing plans but they only release 1 version containing the stuff of the 2 cds. I've got the CD-single digipack from UK and contains the whole stuff from the 2 cds announced there.

The Angel and the Gambler was the 1st single and maybe it was decision of the company just release 1 cd-single of futureal. due to the poor salesI don't know.

Mine includes:
1. Futureal
Poster included.
Thank you. The poster included is great. One of my all time favourites from Derek Riggs.

Mine includes:
1. Futureal
Poster included.

The original release plans changed and the Futureal single ended up being just 1 CD single because there was not that much appetite for a new single in multiple formats from the band at that time.

Strictly speaking the CD 1 was never even released, it was only available as mail order from the FC, not on sale in shops. At least not in the UK and Ireland.

And the single ended up being quite rare, at least from my observation. Next to one of the ARLDO singles, it was the only one I didn't have before I had to sell my collection.

@Man On The Edge 666 - the situation reminds me of the Lord of the Flies single, which was also supposed to have two parts, but the second part was never released. They even left space for it in the Man on the Edge box (my favourite Maiden item, and the only one I didn't sell).

Just looking at the ad and the video of the Angel and the Gambler is not mentioned as being in the multimedia content but instead the Futureal video, but on the actual CD that came out it was TAATG

Back