FUNNY / RANDOM / WEIRD Pictures...

There's a supermarket in Downtown New Orleans, or in the CBD, which had staff called Trashelle & Keilonda a couple of years ago.
A now ex-colleague told me she knew someone who had named their daughter Summer back in the days when no-one had names like that.

Their surname was Loven. Summer Loven ... :S

You have no idea what you're missing, Jer.
For a start, nobody in those styles would even think of prancing around... :innocent:
It’s hard for me to get on board with the glass gargling and Cookie Monster stuff. I can be OK with extreme vocals if they work in some melody, or they’re buried in the mix under the guitars, or if they’re of the soft black metal variety (e.g. Aegonia), but in general it’s a tough climb for me.

It’s hard for me to get on board with the glass gargling and Cookie Monster stuff. I can be OK with extreme vocals if they work in some melody, or they’re buried in the mix under the guitars, or if they’re of the soft black metal variety (e.g. Aegonia), but in general it’s a tough climb for me.
Ok Jer, I dare you:
Here's a black metal masterpiece for you with mostly clear vocals, by a truly great singer in my opinion. Him, and Mike Patton, are the only ones that make me feel they could sing anything without any strain at all.

It makes me cringe whenever someone refers to harsh vocals or growls as "cookie monster" vocals.
...and it makes me cringe whenever I hear vocals that sound like the Cookie Monster. So I guess it evens out...?

Ok Jer, I dare you:
Here's a black metal masterpiece for you with mostly clear vocals, by a truly great singer in my opinion. Him, and Mike Patton, are the only ones that make me feel they could sing anything without any strain at all.
The harsher vocal parts weren’t too offensive. The clean parts strangely reminded me of Fred Schneider of the B-52’s, which was not a comparison I expected to be making.

I think I can better handle the ones that are more “husky whisper” than next-level gargling. But whenever I’m listening to something with extreme vocals I can’t help but wonder how much better the song would be without them. I am clearly not the target audience here.

BTW, I really like Mike Patton as well for his versatility; but I tried out some Dead Cross tracks and I couldn’t really deal with what I was hearing. His occasional extreme accents in FNM and Mr. Bungle were fine, but Dead Cross was something else entirely.

0hiukoqpfxk31.jpg

Back