FUNNY / RANDOM / WEIRD Pictures...

I'll do one for metal

Guitar intro
Volume: Max Distortion: Max
Some guy shouting stuff about battles or violence
Mindless guitar solo

All those genres have just as much variety as metal. Just gotta generalize as much as possible.

Pop is the most eclectic genre out there. Absolutely foolish to say it doesn't have much variety. Blues also has a ton of different styles to it. The only one on the list that I can see lacking variety is bluegrass, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Metal has more variety in both music and lyrics than blues or pop or most other genres.
That's because you've hardly explored those other genres and know little about them.

Metal sometimes gets the worst generalizations from people who don't know much about it, so I find it extra disappointing when a metal fan does the same thing when they should know more than anyone else how stupid generalizing a style of music is.

Last edited:
You might want to think that's because of the moose slipping out on the icy street, but the most Canadian thing in that gif is undoubtedly the Tim Horton's cup in the car.

83ikuR7.gif

That's because you've hardly explored those other genres and know little about them.

Metal sometimes gets the worst generalizations from people who don't know much about it, so I find it extra disappointing when a metal fan does the same thing when they should know more than anyone else how stupid generalizing a style of music is.
Who knows, for some, the truth about metal may even be more disappointing?

The differences in this genre are so great, that certain streams can almost be seen as complete genres of their own.

A quick glance over these aspects...

- Rhythm
- Vocal styles
- Lyrics
- Changes in one song
- Tempo
- Time signatures
- Atmosphere

... says that e.g. blues (even if it has different styles) does not have that much use of variety.

Pop music has different eras. As someone who grew up with eighties music I reckon that there is a lot of variety (over the years). But also, a lot is the same (especially pop music of the last ten years). Most stuff is midtempo or ballad. The length of the songs has not that much variety as in metal. It does not have that much use of different rhythms, time signatures, or shifts in tempo. Beats and melodies are often simple. Lyrics are often about love, romance.

Last edited:
Isn't that Patric Young playing for Florida Gators? He played for the basketball team of the club I support this season.

Back