Funny Maiden Story

jr123

Invader
I was watching an old collection of interviews from Maiden back in the day on MuchMoreMusic Canada, and it stumbled upon quite a funny accurance that happened at a Toronto show. Turns out a guy wearing nothing but a gstring thong got on stage and started dancing. Apparently bruce didn't like this guy stealing the show from them, and ripped the thong right off him, making him run off stage in embarrassement wearing nothing but a birthday suit [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

There is video footage of this to prove it, but it was blocked and it was of bad quality, however i'd love to get the unedited version as a bootleg!!! EXTREMELY RARE!!! you would probably have to contact Chumcity HQ in Toronto to get a copy of it. If they'd even let you [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Wait a minute, let me get this right. Some idiot was perfectly comfortable wearing nothing but a thong in front of thousands of people, but turned chicken when a few more square inches of flesh were exposed?!?!? Sounds quite strange to me, though I don't doubt the fine folks at MuchMusic (the only good music-on-TV network on this continent, or at least it was last time I saw it).

I suspect a case of tiny genitals. After all, if you got the goods, flaunt it! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

LOL, i didn't get a good look at the video, i saw it ONCE on MuchMoreMusic, recollections of ebarrassing moments or something.

[!--QuoteBegin-jr123+Aug 4 2004, 08:53 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jr123 @ Aug 4 2004, 08:53 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I was watching an old collection of interviews from Maiden back in the day on MuchMoreMusic Canada, and it stumbled upon quite a funny accurance that happened at a Toronto show. Turns out a guy wearing nothing but a gstring thong got on stage and started dancing. Apparently bruce didn't like this guy stealing the show from them, and ripped the thong right off him, making him run off stage in embarrassement wearing nothing but a birthday suit  [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Was that the episode of Powerhour, co-hosted by Bruce? If so, I missed the beginning. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

LOL
Bruce Dickinson is crazy..
Saw the Trivia thingy that he pissed on his headmasters meal so he got expelled [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Now this LOL

[!--QuoteBegin-jr123+Aug 4 2004, 08:52 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jr123 @ Aug 4 2004, 08:52 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I was watching an old collection of interviews from Maiden back in the day on MuchMoreMusic Canada, and it stumbled upon quite a funny accurance that happened at a Toronto show. Turns out a guy wearing nothing but a gstring thong got on stage and started dancing. Apparently bruce didn't like this guy stealing the show from them, and ripped the thong right off him, making him run off stage in embarrassement wearing nothing but a birthday suit  [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]81331[/snapback]​
[/quote]

When was this, I've never heard about it on Much More Music [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I wanna see it

Bruce seems to like ripping off peoples clothes on stage. I recently read that on his birthday, the guys hired a model to dance on stage for him during a concert, and he ripped her top off!!! WHO WILL BE NEXT?!?!?! [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't think it was POWERHOUr on muchmoremusic, even though they dedicated a whole show to maiden once. It was a collection of Chumtv interviews back when MUChmusic didnt even exist. Anyways i think it was a case of bad interiews or something, like one with Iggy Pop that wen't wrong when he called the interview a shall i say "Vagina"/. Anyways if my memory isn't failing i believe it was on muchmoremusic recollecting old interviews and funny things that happened in some of them. Anyways they added a short clip of the Toronto show from Maiden when the guy got on stage and bruce ripped the thong off him (censored of course)
One more funny thing about an interview collection was they were interviewing Bruce Dickinson when he had his long LONG hair and he was using an ionic charger that is at the Toronto Science museum or something. Anyways he was being interviewed while ALL his long hair was sticking STRAIGH UP in the Air!!!! FUNNY [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I know this all sounds likes Bull .but if your in Canada you can catch a glimpse of these clips if your lucky on one of the Chum stations [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Still Life+Aug 12 2004, 02:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Still Life @ Aug 12 2004, 02:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Bruce seems to like ripping off peoples clothes on stage. I recently read that on his birthday, the guys hired a model to dance on stage for him during a concert, and he ripped her top off!!! WHO WILL BE NEXT?!?!?! [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]82619[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Maybe the walk on eddie... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Someone has a "Bloopers of the Beast" DVD listed on eBay. I've never heard of it but I'm sure its in some people's collections. Most of the clips seem to be in Canada, though I don't see the aforementioned incident on the track list. It sounds pretty funny though.

Any boot collectors have it in their collection?

Track List:

1. Steve Harris falls off the drum riser in Barcelona 1990
2. The "put that cigarette out" incident in Toronto 2000
3. Heaven Can Almost Wait - Nicko scraps the song in Quebec 1996
4. Eddie gets mugged by a blanket Montreal 1992
5. Eddie's rope breaks and colapses Montreal 1998
6. Ugly Eddie's only appearance (taken off tour) Quebec 1992
7. A fan spits on Blaze and Steve is pissed (really pissed) Santiago 1996
8. Fan throws a bottle at Bruce and he gets mad Montreal 1988
9. Monitor breaks and Bruce complains Rio 1985
10. Bruce gets busted wide open (you have to see this) Rio 1985
11. Anthrax's Can't Wait special appearance NYC Ritz 1988
12. Dope smoker is busted Montreal 2004
13. Broken Neck Eddie (Bruce wants out of maiden) Milano 1993
14. Bruce bad throat footage Sheffield 1986
15. Bruce brawls a fan off stage

BONUS FOOTAGE

1982 New York City Paladium
Beast On The Road
Very Rare 8mm Footage

I saw this on ebay aswell, it says that its something like 100 minutes wasnt it? How can bloopers last that long?!

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Sep 4 2004, 07:45 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Sep 4 2004, 07:45 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I saw this on ebay aswell, it says that its something like 100 minutes wasnt it? How can bloopers last that long?!
[snapback]85675[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Possibly some of them are just clips, and some are the whole incident?

Back