Flotsam and Jetsam

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
So Flotsam and Jetsam released a new song called Iron Maiden.

Thoughts?

I like the song, although the singer could overemote/whatever he's doing a bit less.

Also, I hate the current trend of lyric videos - it just makes any song/lyrics sound silly.

Considering how untypical for the band this song is, it seems like a very deliberate tip of the hat to Maiden. Although the verses sound a bit too much like The Trooper,
the song rocks, especially the chorus.

Love this band! Saw F&J back in 1990 on tour to promote WTSCD and met the singer and bassist afterwards. Then, few years ago saw them promoting UN on the Dark Roots of Thrash tour. Met the drummer, new bassist, and one of the guitarists (Michael). Very good live band.
Remember when NPFD was a new release I thought it was strange that the lyrics were not printed even though the CDs before and after were. Asked Eric (singer) about that and he told me that Electra Asylum was more concerned with Tracy Chapstick (what he calls Tracy Chapman) than they were F&J.

Very nice song! Nice guitar and drum work!
Love this band! Saw F&J back in 1990 on tour to promote WTSCD and met the singer and bassist afterwards. Then, few years ago saw them promoting UN on the Dark Roots of Thrash tour. Met the drummer, new bassist, and one of the guitarists (Michael). Very good live band.
Remember when NPFD was a new release I thought it was strange that the lyrics were not printed even though the CDs before and after were. Asked Eric (singer) about that and he told me that Electra Asylum was more concerned with Tracy Chapstick (what he calls Tracy Chapman) than they were F&J.
Western Trash Society Compact Disc
United Nations
No Prayer for Dying

2nd cd No Place For Disgrace was re-recorded 4 years ago (apparently cheaper to do that than buy the rights and remaster). Production is MUCH better and Eric is much easier to understand. Only bad things are the songs are slower and some of the fire is not there as it was on the original back in 1988.

Back