Flight Of Icarus - Vocals Only

These master tapes were licensed to 3rd party entities, and can be ripped out of their product(s) such as Guitar Hero. I thought this is common knowledge

POTO
TNOTB
The Prisoner
Trooper
FOI
2MTM
ROTAM
Powerslave
Wasted Years
Infinite Dreams
SSOASS
Clairvoyant
CIPWM
Wickerman
Speed of Light

Might've missed some. For these songs you can find any mix of instrument tracks on YT - from vocals only, guitars only, bass only, drums only to "instrumental" track where just vocals are removed, bass/drums combo, etc...so go out there and knock yourself out.

There are also 5.1 channel remove versions which aren't clean as studio instrument tracks but can be used to rip instrument out of it, if the appropriate track mix allows it. For Flight 666 Aces High and HBTN, Nicko is the only one occupying a certain channel so you have a "drum only" version out of it. HBTN is truly stunning.

As I've said 5.1 rip isn't that good as the master tracks. You can hear that cymbals are present in Bruce's channel too. Basically the whole band is there at the chorus just volume down.

These master tapes were licensed to 3rd party entities, and can be ripped out of their product(s) such as Guitar Hero. I thought this is common knowledge

POTO
TNOTB
The Prisoner
Trooper
FOI
2MTM
ROTAM
Powerslave
Wasted Years
Infinite Dreams
SSOASS
Clairvoyant
CIPWM
Wickerman
Speed of Light

Might've missed some. For these songs you can find any mix of instrument tracks on YT - from vocals only, guitars only, bass only, drums only to "instrumental" track where just vocals are removed, bass/drums combo, etc...so go out there and knock yourself out.

There are also 5.1 channel remove versions which aren't clean as studio instrument tracks but can be used to rip instrument out of it, if the appropriate track mix allows it. For Flight 666 Aces High and HBTN, Nicko is the only one occupying a certain channel so you have a "drum only" version out of it. HBTN is truly stunning.

I'm sure everything you're saying is totally right... but alas, I'm a low-tech man in a high-tech world. So, a golden apple (and/or a BOGO coupon at IHOP) for whomever provides a link to these gems... thank ya!

I've always been in awe of Bruce's vocals. Hearing 'em isolated is flippin' remarkable. Truly.

I'll have to correct you on Flight 666; the multitracks you've heard are actually from Guitar Hero. For whatever reason they used live versions of Aces High and HBTN and that's why we have separated guitar, bass, drum and vocal tracks for those two live takes. Flight 666 (like all Maiden live videos apart from RiR) has no real instrument separation on its 5.1 mix, the best you can get is the center channel which serves as a fill-in with a bit of Adrian and Steve in it. En Vivo is the same, although halfway through it changes to being Janick instead. DotR has vocals and Adrian's guitar yet again.

e: Maiden England and Live After Death have vocals and bass in the center channel if I'm not mistaken. All in all Maiden's 5.1 mixes are kind of worthless for the most part, compared to many other bands with similar releases.

So the spill of other instruments into drum only F666 stuff is natural, e.g. from live setting. Cool. I always thought it is in the 5.1 mix. And yeah with other 5.1 optimally you're getting accented instrument, not separated. Adrian Smith "only" stuff from En Vivo is pretty cool.

Yeah, and usually they'd do the multichannel mix to actually use the three speakers up-front to separate everything a bit better. In practice for Maiden's releases they just added a center channel to the stereo mixes, which is kind of lame. They could've easily used the center channel for stuff like the bass drum and snare and a bit of toms, along with bass and maybe vocals. Admittedly things do get a bit hairy when you remember you also need to fit a guitar somewhere in the center, so I'm not really surprised they didn't go with that.

I used to write to an YouTube user that I would pay for a multichannel mix of any studio album. No success.

Ok, I couldn't really find a place to post these photos. Is there a thread dedicated to pictures of Maiden song subject matter? That might be something.

Anyhow, my brother & my niece, and I went to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore this past week. We went to the American Visionary Arts Museum and were pleasantly surprised to find this sculpture hanging in the spiral stairwell.

Actually, the first photo is one I found online to give the thing some scale. The second one, my brother took. As you can see, we were fairly close to the thing.

He took one photo from above (there were 3 flights of stairs), but he lost it somehow. Oh well.

Anyway, the thing was way cool. Larger than life in scale

We also had lunch at the Hard Rock Café. The only thing of note, really, was an autographed Paul Stanley Ibanez guitar. Other than that, there was Prince's clothes, Madonna's shiny hot pants, someone's parachute pants (I forget who), an autographed guitar from someone in Molly Hatchett.

American-Visionary-Art-Museum-178263.jpgicarus.jpg

Back