Flight of Icarus and Neo Nazis

I might risk being banned for using "inappropriate" language. I am well aware of that, but I still HAVE to say this:

That motherfucker "IronDuke" was probably 15 years old when he (or she) wrote this and doesn't know what the fuck he (or she) is talking about.

Yes, I get that it was meant as a joke.
But anybody who thinks that this is even remotely funny has a serious problem and should have their teeth kicked in.

Being German and having to live with my country's horrible past, as well as probably the next 5 generations, I can't laugh about it at all.
I don't even blame this guy, he's simply an asshole.
What really pisses me off is the fact that unbelievable shit like this is ALLOWED here !!!!!

Don't you realize that this crap, as stupid as it is, only glorifies the fucking Nazis, the scum of the earth?

That motherfucker "IronDuke" was probably 15 years old when he (or she) wrote this and doesn't know what the fuck he (or she) is talking about.
He was but 13 days shy of 21 when he posted this message.

I don't even blame this guy, he's simply an asshole.
He really, really is. I should know, he has been my best friend for half my life.

For example, they openly worship warmongering bands like Sabaton here.
Nazis.

All joking aside, I seem to recall this was posted to elabourate on...some sort of thing that happened...11 years ago. I can assure you that Iron Duke has no hard feelings towards the Germans in general, and that as a person who is a legitimate teacher of history (as in, that is his job) he has a very concise and appropriate understanding of the Holocaust, and Germany's role in it.

So, chill out, please. Nobody here likes Nazis. Personally, I think that laughing at them is the best weapon.

The Duke once told me that in the 1930s, I'd have been exiled from Nazi Germany. It was his way of telling me he loves me. I still get a warm feeling around my heart when I think of it.

He introduces his child (soon to be children) with "and this is the fruit of my loins".

... "and this is the fruit of my loins".
gif-ew.gif

Hey guys! LC tipped me off that this old nugget of wisdom was actually being read again. Dr. Demonic is partially correct when he dismisses it. It's obviously a tounge-in-cheek take on finding meaning in songs and poetry instead of interpreting things in a more literal sense. Read through some of the other really old shit I posted on here back in the day - they're all like this.

I actually remember the genesis behind this particular anal polyp of a lyrical "interpretation". Here's the story:
I used to use these forums as my own person thought experiment - it was a place for me to post random shit and have fun conversations with like-minded intelligent people. LC, Perun, SMX, the Mexican guy, Natalie - One minute we all could have high-minded conversations about literature, history, politics, and morality, and then the next minute be telling poop jokes and making fun of the French.

I was sitting in my dorm room at university one Saturday morning reading for my German history class and listening to Maiden. We used to have an IRC chat room on the site back then, so I set it up to see who else was around. The only other user online at the time was Maverick, the (at the time) owner of the Maiden Fans site and curator of the Commentary. He and I got talking about stupid stuff in the IRC room, and he finally had enough and said something like "Go find something useful to do. Tell the world about the Nazi overtones of Flight of Icarus or something."

So I did. Just to get a reaction out of him.

A valuable skill is to be able to argue a point of view that you don't agree with, or at least that you know if completely BS. This is such an example. If you really want to get deep, Dr. Demonic, think of my 11 year old gedanken as a post-modern commentary on the risk of taking literary criticism too seriously.

And to all the folks who remembered me: Hi guys! Life's going great. Married for 6 years now, my son is turning 3 this fall, our second child will be born within the week. My boy doesn't like Maiden quite yet - maybe if they do a "Farmer in the Dell" cover to bring him in.

I'll try to poke in and say hello now & then!

LC and the Duke! Probably the first people on the board that have known each other in real life (as well).

LC and the Duke! Probably the first people on the board that have known each other in real life (as well).
We actually found this place together when surfing from the IMC one day. Then I came here and joined.

Back