Flawless (perfect) Maiden songs

So for the people calling out one song per album, do you actually believe that every album has at least one truly perfect song on it, or are you just naming your favorite song from each album…?

So for the people calling out one song per album, do you actually believe that every album has at least one truly perfect song on it, or are you just naming your favorite song from each album…?

I didn't go down the one per album route, I'm with @chaosapiant , most albums have several 10/10's for me, some the majority of the album are in that bracket.

Not having a go @LooseCannon , it's the sentiment of the thread in general, maybe even the sentiment of the entire internet or maybe even the sentiment of the entirety of human existence and expression, but I really don't get the concept of looking for a flaw in something that you enjoy. Don't overthink it. There's no great need to assign a numerical value or rank to everything. It doesn't enhance enjoyment, the opposite really.

Not having a go @LooseCannon , it's the sentiment of the thread in general, maybe even the sentiment of the entire internet or maybe even the sentiment of the entirety of human existence and expression, but I really don't get the concept of looking for a flaw in something that you enjoy. Don't overthink it. There's no great need to assign a numerical value or rank to everything. It doesn't enhance enjoyment, the opposite really.
Yeah, I get that. I dunno, it doesn't decrease my enjoyment, I enjoy critical thinking.

I might be one of the few people who believes that 99% of Maiden's discography is flawless. That's how much I love this band and wouldn't want to change anything. A few less choruses on Angel and his Gambling Debt, and a couple of minor production changes here and there. And that's about it.
Me too and count me into that little group. I love them too much and I don't feel like being too over demanding or whine about something.
Sure, there are bits and places that would need tiny, minor changes but I still say Im happy with how the albums and songs are.
I've even grown to like the production on self-titled debut album, it should have had Martin Birch, but while it didn't it sounds different but still has that time's feeling and atmosphere of London those times, cold streets at night and so. I will post here later if feel like doing some sort of mentions of changes that I would like to have.

There's a long list of songs that I see no objective flaws in, but I just can't say a song is perfect unless it makes it to my favourites. So here's a couple of examples that meet the criteria: The Legacy, Benjamin Breeg, Paschendale, Powerslave, Rime, Seventh Son, Caught Somewhere in Time, The Wicker Man, Out of the Silent Planet... There are more, but these songs came to my mind first.

And there's a few among my top favourites that have some flaws (which is not a big deal at all). The Book of Souls - there's a minor drumming problem, and the pre-solo riff isn't as exciting as the rest of the track. Alexander the Great has pretty weak lyrics. When the Wild Wind Blows could probably use a little bit of trimming. I guess there's more like this, but again - no big deal.

Phantom of the Opera
Remember Tomorrow
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Wrathchild
Killers
Children of the Damned
Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
To Tame a Land
Aces High
Caught Somewhere in Time
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Sea of Madness
Alexander the Great
Infinite Dreams
The Evil that Men Do
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Book of Souls

Remember Tomorrow
Phantom
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Children of the Damned
Hallowed
The Prisoner
The Trooper
Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Powerslave
Dance of Death
Aces High
Rime
Sign of the Cross
Wasted Years
Stranger in a Strange Land
Longest Day
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Moonchild
Fear Of The Dark
The Clairvoyant
Brave new World
Blood Brothers
Man On The Edge
Judgement of Heaven
The Book of Souls

1. Infinite Dreams
2. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
3. Cought Somewhere in Time
4. Out of the Silent Planet
5. Rainmaker
6. The Talisman
7. Book of Souls
8. Killers
9. The Evil That Man Do
10. No Prayer For The Dying

If perfect means satisfying-start-to-finish, straight off the top of my head I'd say Hallowed, Infinite Dreams and If Eternity Should Fail

Invaders
Gangland
Weekend Warrior
Charlotte the Harlot
Fear is the Key
The Assassin
Hooks In You
The Apparition
The Angel and the Gambler
all of Killers (except Ides, Wrathchild, Rue Morgue, and the title track)
You didn’t mix this thread up with the Abandoned Songs one, did you?

I think "perfect" is somewhat of an hyperbole but regarding to tier quality I think there's a group of 20 songs I rated as a 10/10. Not absolute perfection but damn near close to it.
  • Phantom Of The Opera
  • Murders In The Rue Morgue
  • Killers
  • The Number Of The Beast
  • Revelations
  • Aces High
  • Powerslave
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
  • Caught Somewhere In Time
  • Wasted Years
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner