First Gig

Shaun056

Prowler
I'm going to see Maiden on the 12th of December in Birmingham. I was lucky as originally I wasn't going to go. But my friend had another friend going with him but now hes not going and so I am.

So what can I expect from a Maiden gig? What should I do and what should I avoid and so on and so forth?

Conor said:
People just love it when you crowd-surf :innocent:
Especially when you come from behind them and deliver a nice kick to the back of the head. That gets them really happy. <_<

Also, people love it if you can hit Matt Heafy on the head with a well-placed bottle.

No, seriously. :bigsmile:

Raven said:
Also, people love it if you can hit Matt Heafy on the head with a well-placed bottle.

Or a rousing chant of Man-O-War starts as they come onstage. :innocent:

Raven said:

Well, you would be hit for giving such a poor vocal performance as this. Oh well, live and learn, right? :innocent:

Black Dragon said:
Well, you would be hit for giving such a poor vocal performance as this. Oh well, live and learn, right? :innocent:

BOAT! RUDDER! STRANGE! MOUNTAIN!

I'm not sure if anyone saw it, but there was a hilarious interview on Ultimate-Guitar with Corey Blehwhateverhisnameis.  When asked why he thought Trivium got booed when playing with Children of Bodom in Europe, he claimed it was because Trivium are more popular than Bodom, and it was a feeling of jealousy.  He also made out that there was a 'trve' obsession in Europe (well, there is, but not with Bodom).  Ah well, all together now...

IT'S! OUR COATS! THAT MAKE THESE WANDS OUT OF OPETH!

Black Dragon said:
I wonder how many people will be chanting this phrase in unison at the upcoming gig in Dublin...
I'd guess about 4 :p

Do: Have fun, enjoy the best band in the world. Sing along to lyrics amd have a good time.

Dont: Sit down. Get drunk and pee all over yourself.

As to the trivium vid. Who appreciates the vocals? That to me,sucks the doggies bullocks.

Trivium was the best support band in years. A lot of energy and motivation, reminded me a lot of old Iron Maiden. Good musicians as well !  :)

Back