Fear of the Dark played by an orchestra

Ya, like Metallica. And yes, it would be so much more epic with Maiden because a lot of their music so melodic and is just made for an orchestra to go with it.

I'd definitely love to see that! :D I wonder if they would be up to doing it though? Some part of me thinks they wouldn't but then again, you never know.

I wonder if it's not an electronic version, and not a real orchestra playing. The way the instruments switch to play the same melody sounds as if it was played by the same one guy on his own synth, rather than arranged by a classical orchestra conductor. But maybe I'm wrong.

Like what Metallica did? I think Maiden's would be more epic though.

S&M was horrific. It felt like a symphonic orchestra and a Metallica played different pieces at the same venue unintentionally. But if you want a great example of a metal played with an orchestra, I'd give you Dream Theater's Score. Great arrangements.

I'm %100 sure Maiden would nail something like that, they're incredibly professional with their experiments.

@ harrisdevot - It is an electronic version, there's no orchestra.

I wonder if it's not an electronic version, and not a real orchestra playing. The way the instruments switch to play the same melody sounds as if it was played by the same one guy on his own synth, rather than arranged by a classical orchestra conductor. But maybe I'm wrong.
I'm 100% sure it's made using VST sound libraries. I've been doing orchestral version of Paschendale like this. :) I remember I almost finished it, but abandoned the project... Maybe I'll try again.

S&M was horrific. It felt like a symphonic orchestra and a Metallica played different pieces at the same venue unintentionally. But if you want a great example of a metal played with an orchestra, I'd give you Dream Theater's Score. Great arrangements.

I'm %100 sure Maiden would nail something like that, they're incredibly professional with their experiments.
Yeah, I agree. Metallicas wasn't all that good. That's just the only example I could think of off the top of my head. I'd be interested in checking out Dream Theaters. I've been meaning to check them out anyway. I hear lots of good things about them.

I also agree that Maiden would nail the orchestra thing but I also wonder why they haven't done it already?

Yeah, I agree. Metallicas wasn't all that good. That's just the only example I could think of off the top of my head. I'd be interested in checking out Dream Theaters. I've been meaning to check them out anyway. I hear lots of good things about them.

Why not start with this one ? It's from Score.

Various members of Maiden have claimed many times that Maiden sounds like Maiden and they just don't want to change things too much. They don't want to be mainstream, they don't want to be conforming. They insist they would only do what they feel like doing, so probably they just don't feel like doing such a thing.:)
Besides, playing and recording with an orchestra requires a lot of time and this is one thing they do not have in excess.

Right, forget my previous comment, I messed up my configurations.

Sounds completely electronic to me. That's one guy with his keyboard. He's no doubt doing a good job, but those keyboards sound nothing like the real instruments (plus, is really anyone fooled by those pseudo-choirs post 3:00?).

EDIT: I missed Sroggy's comment. I was about to say that this sounds like some computer software, but I guess you'd better listen to him.

I think the solo part was quite interestingly solved. This is a nice "what if" orchestral arrangement for the song anyway.

Why not start with this one ? It's from Score.
Perhaps my favorite live DVD. Amazing stuff.

Wow! These guys are pretty awesome. Definitely going to check out more of their stuff:)
Good idea. You'll probably want the album Images and Words.

I'd like to see Iron Maiden do something like this. Paschendale would be mindblowing with a live orchestra.

I'm 100% sure it's made using VST sound libraries. I've been doing orchestral version of Paschendale like this. :) I remember I almost finished it, but abandoned the project... Maybe I'll try again.

I Agree. Doesn't sound like a real orchestra.

Back