fear of the dark live

____no5

Free Man
I want to share one thought that I have some years now, and see what you are thinking about it

The version of fear of the dark live taken from a live in Helsinki, it was a big success. All these o-o-o of the crowd made this version an all time classic, and as a result, after 14 years this song is still played in every maiden concert

Also I've read in an interview of Harris (it was after the '99 reunion) and he was saying that if he had the opportunity to put in a capsule of time one and only maiden song, this would be "fear of the dark -live"

So, let's go to the point : after fear of the dark, we have 2 albums with Blaze, that they are full of guitar parts that try to imitate the arena feeling à la of fear of the dark style, and much more oftenly than before we find this o-o-o in a song....Finally, in the Blaze era, the songs begin to be longer without a real reason.

My thought is that as Paschendale is the mother of AMOLAD, the song Fear of the Dark was the mother of the entire Blaze era
Not to mention the similar intro -outro of the song that after became the classic Harris' formula, not just for the Blaze era but even for nowdays

(Fortunatelly, Bruce returned, and the o-o-o era stopped.....but ironically (?) the first song of the reunion, wicker man, contains this o-o-o, for conjuring the curse maybe....who knows....)

what do you think about that ?

____no5 said:
(Fortunatelly, Bruce returned, and the o-o-o era stopped.....but ironically (?) the first song of the reunion, wicker man, contains this o-o-o, for conjuring the curse maybe....who knows....)

What about the o-o-o thing on Face In The Sand and These Colours Don't Run? ;)
Anyway, I also think that Fear Of The Dark live is a great song, and in some way it probably inspired the future works of the band, but we can't deny that the Blaze era is full of new and good "ideas", especially on The X Factor... :blush:

You're saying that Paschendale kind of pushed Maiden towards stressing the war theme and everything that goes with it a bit more. Could be. Nice thinking. :ok:

Everytime I think of what song should be thought of as a Maiden anthem, I think of Fear of the dark.  :ninja:

Urizen said:
You're saying that Paschendale kind of pushed Maiden towards stressing the war theme and everything that goes with it a bit more. Could be. Nice thinking. :ok:

Everytime I think of what song should be thought of as a Maiden anthem, I think of Fear of the dark.  :ninja:

well, I'm not saying really! ...I thought it to be a common knowledge until now wink

what's the best live version of this song? i love the version off 'Best Of The Beast', what album is that one from?

James Rock said:
what's the best live version of this song? i love the version off 'Best Of The Beast', what album is that one from?
That version is taken from "A Real Live One" album. It's difficult to say what's the best live version of that song, personally I (as you) like that one.

yeah, that's the 'classic' version, and as we can see from the previous 'live at donington'
this o-o-o that made song an all time fav started officialy from Finland

from then on, everywhere it was played the crowd responded in the way of brave Finish fans 

Back