Favourite song with out-takes at beginning/end

What is your favourite song with a speech extract from one of the band members at the beginning or e

• Still Life (beginning and end)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Thin Line Between Love and Hate (end)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Public Enema Number One (beginning)

• The Unbeliever (end)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) (count-in)

• Wildest Dreams (count-in)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Raven

Ancient Mariner
As you can see, I, too (as well as SMX) have slightly too much time on my hands. ^_^

To qualify for this poll, the song must have an extract at either the beginning or end, which is spoken by the band members.  So for example, Still Life has Nicko's backwards speech at the beginning, and him saying 'Yeah, that was fucking great!' at the end.  'Thin Line...' has Nicko saying, 'I fucking missed it!' (he thought he had screwed up the end of the song), 'Public Enema..' features someone laughing, and The Unbeliever has the out-takes from the X Factor sessions.  Losfer Worlds and Wildest Dreams are both count-ins by Nicko (yes I know I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel :rolleyes:)

Well, let's see either
a) how many votes/posts this gets before it gets deleted
or
b) how many votes/posts this gets before it gets sucked into the nether regions of Madness :p

Oh, and as always, explain your vote, or else Mav will plunge your karma rating into the abyss!

My vote goes to Still Life.  It's a great song, but that line of speech at the end just emphasises how 'fucking great' this song really is.  It just serves to remind you how we must always add little lines of sub-speech praising our work at the end, and some other deep and profound thing :rolleyes:

I cast my vote for The Unbeliever, because the words in the title are in alphabetical order it's a great, underrated progressive song with cool time signature changes.

I also edited the poll choices, because it ain't Losfer Worlds, it's Losfer Words.

I'm torn between "Still Life" and "Thin Line..", but I will opt for the former becuase of the backward message on the intro. Is that reason enough?

SinisterMinisterX said:
I also edited the poll choices, because it ain't Losfer Worlds, it's Losfer Words.

Bah-I thought that might have been wrong.  Thanks.

I voted for wildest dreams.  When I first listend to the song,  I didn't like it.  I thought it was average/below average.  But then,  I listened to the DOTR version and it blew my mind! -_-  So after that it's one of my faves.  Great guitar work and chorus.

Back