Favourite Riff

A

Anonymous

what is your all time favourtie riff in a maiden song? mine is aces high or deja vu theyre both cool riffs. any thoughts?

Either the riff that starts 52 secs into Caught Somewhere in Time or the riff to Hallowed be thy Name that starts 1:18 into the song.
Prolly Hallowed be thy Name.

aces high is a cool riff, and i def agree with you carolus. those are great riffs. the fear of the dark riff after the solo's is cool too. i really like the powerslave chorus riff. the wickerman intro and verse riff is my favorite to play

My personal favourites would have to be (since I can't narrow them down to one):

The intro riff in 'The Clansman'

That very metal-esque riff in 'Killers', can't remember the exact time, but I know it's part of the rhythm, seeing as how it's played underneath the solo.

The main riff in 'The Trooper', because it's so catchy.

I like the Trooper, Hallowed and To tame a land...

But, aces high is a real good one...

My personal favorites would be "Powerslave" and "The Number of the Beast".

Hallowed be thy name, Aces High, Infinite dreams, The clairvoyant and Afraid to shoot strangers. And also The Trooper

Hallowed be thy Name! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Wow, tough question...I'd go with Aces High, Fear of the Dark, Powerslave, and Phantom of the Opera

Caught somewhere in time
Fortuns of war - that one gets me everytime
the trooper

Would be easier to make a list of the ones you dont like...
but for a start hallowed, stranger in a strange land, number of the beast, the trooper...
[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

THE RIME.........
OF THE ANCIENT MARINER!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE AT LONG BEACH taken from "Live after death"
U have to listen to the song, 'kin loud with closed eye-makes me feel like I was there.... [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This kicks ass!

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

Rime of the ancient mariner and Hallowed by thy name. Also Prowler is wonderfull.

Oh yes....
Rime of the ancient mariner......
They should play it live on DoD-tour! [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

hallowed be thy name!!!
killers!!!
phantom of the opera!!!
have the best riffs

---i am a seventh son--- [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back