Favourite Power Trios in Metal/Hard Rock

Siddharth

Long Distance Trooper
High On Fire
One of my new favourite bands right now. Really like their brand of Sludge/Stoner Metal (with hints of even Thrash). Their sound often draws comparison with Black Sabbath and Motorhead. Matt Pike is a riffmaster.

Rush
Prog/Hard rock giants! At times I find it amusing how that music is made by only three guys. Awesome musicians, each member.

Coröner
Awesome Technical Thrash Metal from Switzerland. They are actually one of my favourites in the subgenre. Should have been much more famous!

Motörhead
Rock n Roll royalty! Once they plugged in, didn't really need to look back due to having a perfect formula. Often labelled 'Speed Metal' at times, having Punk influences as well.

Muse
One of the most creative modern bands. They have always tried to push their own boundaries. Matthew Bellamy's vocal range is highly underrated.

ZZ Top
Their early stuff is solid Southern Hard rock and though later delved into a more synth-based sound, did not loose their swag at all!

I know I left many important names (The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Venom, Nirvana, Sodom etc.) but the above are MY FAVOURITES so the list goes... I wanted to include Green Day as well but their later period stuff doesn't make them a trio in the purest sense.

Rush is my favorite band, so there’s that.

They’re not metal or even hard rock, but other trios with music I enjoy are the Police, Cream and Husker Du.

Still can't believe Dan Beehler can play drums like that and sing at the same time. Very amazing. Absu also gets a nod for me.

Manilla Road might be my all time favorite metal power trio. Mark The Shark Shelton, Scott Park and Randy "Thrasher" Foxe made some real magic in the 80's.

Think I made a similar thread a while ago?

Anyway, I think I ended up with Rush, Primus and King’s X.

Sodom, Motörhead, Cream, Wolfmother, Jimi Hendrix experience are also good

Back