Favourite Christmas Song

Yeah, don't blame me. I'm in a Christmassy mood.

Whats your favourite Christmas song?

Mine, is well the classic. Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl!!!
Amazing song.

I love the voice clash, McGowan's groan of a voice up against McColls powerful voice. It's great.

And what a chorus: "The boys of the NYPD choir...", it makes you wanna cry.

You can [span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\']FEEL THE LOVE.[/span]

Mine is "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", but only when the words are sung to the melody of Judas Priest's "Heading Out To The Highway".

[a href=\'http://www.sinisterministerx.net/santa.mp3\' target=\'_blank\']Like this. (Click for mp3.)[/a]

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Dec 20 2005, 06:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Dec 20 2005, 06:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Mine is "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", but only when the words are sung to the melody of Judas Priest's "Heading Out To The Highway".

[a href=\'http://www.sinisterministerx.net/santa.mp3\' target=\'_blank\']Like this. (Click for mp3.)[/a]

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]125503[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Dat t0ta11ee rucks d00d. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Seriously, I hate all christmas songs, they really grate on your ears year in, year out. They are really monotonous and dull (As opposed to metal songs that never get boring)

I just remembered, I like the one "Stop the Cavalry". That's it, no more. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thats what I think about most Christmas songs.
But with 'Fairytale Of New York', at first when it gets played on the radio or something, I just cringe and go, not again. But then, when I listen to it more, I get hooked as if i'm listening to that for the first time.

I hate Christmas song [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I heard one on Sunday that was absolutely beautiful. I don't know what it was called though [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My favorite Christmas song would have to be Father Christmas by The Kinks. Then Elton John's Step Into Chrismas.

Welcome to my Christmas song
I'd like to thank you for the year...

I like Christmas songs for about a week, then I go insane. We've been listening to Christmas tunes at work since the beginning of November. Once CD with 6 horrible songs on it. I'm ready to kill someone.

My favourite Christmas song is "Six White Boomers" which details the reality of the December gift transportation industry in the Land Down Under.

"Silent Night" is my favourite, especially when sung in the original German (Stille Nacht)

"The Little Drummer Boy" is good too.

I like fairytale of new york best aswell....although it isnt on par with some of the other pouges material, its still by far the best song this year (it was released again today)

I can't stand christmas songs... Usually, my mom listens to her christmas cds non-stop from the beginning of december but she's hasn't done so this year. Guess I'm lucky this year [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

my mums the same, but this year she got the joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat soundtrack. so thats been filling my ears since june....

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl, Whatever else could it be, it's just not cheesy like all the others, It actually means something about christmas and the reality of the seasons drinking culture, and the depression it brings to some people.

"And So This Is Christmas" by John Lennon, its the only Christmas song I can listen to

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Dec 20 2005, 06:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Dec 20 2005, 06:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Mine is "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", but only when the words are sung to the melody of Judas Priest's "Heading Out To The Highway".

[snapback]125503[/snapback]​
[/quote]

GOD! That's my new favourite one now! The previous favourite was propably rudolf the red nosed reindeer, that one is just cracking me up every time.
Keep the metal christmas flowing men! Use the force!

Yup, Im insane, dont bother...

I like Jingle Bell Rock... Well, I don't really like it, it's just that this girl got it in my head, and I can't get it out... Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rocks... jingle bell swings and jingle bell rings...

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Dec 23 2005, 11:04 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Dec 23 2005, 11:04 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I like Jingle Bell Rock... Well, I don't really like it, it's just that this girl got it in my head, and I can't get it out... Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rocks... jingle bell swings and jingle bell rings...
[snapback]125698[/snapback]​
[/quote]
That was in Home Alone, wasn't it? I like one of the other christmas songs in Home Alone, "All alone for Christmas" or something. It's got a nice sax bit. [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Cheesy as hell though [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Liberation+Dec 23 2005, 02:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Dec 23 2005, 02:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]"And So This Is Christmas" by John Lennon, its the only Christmas song I can listen to
[snapback]125682[/snapback]​
[/quote]

???? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Do you mean 'Merry Christmas (War Is Over)'?

Back