Favorite tour you attended

I gotta go with the Piece of Mind tour in 83'. Saw them in Denver with Saxon and Fastway opening. Was blown away. Loved the red pulsating brain that hung over Nico's drum set. Also enjoyed the 7th Son tour in 88'. Saw them with LA Guns in Phoenix. Guns & Roses was scehduled to open but had difficulty getting to AZ so LA Guns filled in for them.

Piece of Mind for me!!

Saw them in Denver, eh? Are you in Denver? I've always joked with friends that I'm the biggest Maiden fan in Denver, and I'd hate to have to kill you to keep that title.  :p

I really enjoyed the current tour, and it might be the best yet. The stage show was incredible, but I'll avoid specifics to avoid spoiling it.

Among the older tours, I thought the Brave New World tour was fantastic - not just for the great Maiden show, but also for the quality of the openers (Queensryche and Halford).

The original history tour ("Eddie Rips Up The World") on Aug. 3, 2005 in Toronto gets my vote as my favourite tour for many reasons including:
a) At that time I was still new to Maiden and had no clue what they'd play.
b) It was a rare treat to hear old songs live.  I knew that even then.
c) Full or energy and in your face songs went well live.
d) It was my second tour and I knew the songs better.

Genghis Khan said:
The original history tour ("Eddie Rips Up The World") on Aug. 3, 2005 in Toronto gets my vote as my favourite tour for many reasons including:

Ed Huntour and Give Me Ed... Till I'm Dead weren't history tours?

I'd have to go with the '08 tour, as it's the only one I've seen.

GuineaPig said:
Ed Huntour and Give Me Ed... Till I'm Dead weren't history tours?

I'd have to go with the '08 tour, as it's the only one I've seen.

Not in my book.  Those felt more like "the best of" tours. 

Genghis Khan said:

I was at the same show and I agree with you for all the same reasons except the last one being it was my first concert. I thought that this year would have been better but  the set list wasn’t what I excepted it's not going to stop me from seeing them again in June though. I also loved the A Matter of Life and Death tour because they played the whole album and every thing was so new like the first time I saw them. The reason why the Original history tour was so good is Steve was two people in front of me during phantom of the opera. :clap:

Hey SMX he's a bass player too you got some competition :ninja:

Hmmm, so many tours, so many memories.... The time the curtains pulled back to reveal the Number Of The Beast stage set, the legendary Powerslave set, the huge Eddie on Somewhere In Time tour, Donnington 88 and 92, AMODAD and SBIT tours recently.

For me, Powerslave just edges it, although Seventh Son Donnington and Somewhere in Time shows all come a close second.

The Ed Hunter Tour (Rotterdam 10-09-99 (dd-mm-yy)) was my first Maiden show. And for that reason alone it was the best. First time you hear songs is magical.

Dance of Death Tour - firstly I love the album and think it's underrated by some (anyone remember DOD=Weak tosspot??).

secondly I got to hear Paschen-fucking-dale, altogether now, Paschen-fucking-dale, louder, PASCHENFUCKINGDALE played live which blew me away.

Thirdly we were in rear standing but managed to sneak past a security guard whilst he was chatting to girls and got about four people off the front and got to be in spitting distance of the God that is Adrian Smith.

Fourthly - the gig was at Nottingham who have an excellent metal club called Rock City that was open til 4am so when the gig ended my mate and I carried on partying there till the wee small hours.

Fifthly - er no I think I'm done......yeah

SinisterMinisterX said:
Saw them in Denver, eh? Are you in Denver? I've always joked with friends that I'm the biggest Maiden fan in Denver, and I'd hate to have to kill you to keep that title.  :p

I really enjoyed the current tour, and it might be the best yet. The stage show was incredible, but I'll avoid specifics to avoid spoiling it.

Among the older tours, I thought the Brave New World tour was fantastic - not just for the great Maiden show, but also for the quality of the openers (Queensryche and Halford).

I grew up in Colorado Springs / Woodland Park and went to college in Grand Junction. Now in Phoenix. What was so awesome about the Piece of Mind tour in Denver was that all day long I was hanging out in the parking lot at McNichols Arena and about 3pm the Maiden tour bus pulled into the parking lot. I remember Dave murray getting off the bus and saying what's up mate and giving me a thumbs up. Super cool.

If I am older than you than I was the oldest greatest Maiden fan in Colorado in the early 80's. I'm 42.

Sad thing is is that I had to check what my age is to compare it. I can never remember how old I am. :huh:

I must say that Live after Death in Gothenburg was the best for me. I saw Maiden the year before at the same venue and that was good enough to want to go again, but LAD just blew my mind. ROTAM live was an event that's stuck with me for 20+ years.

Oh, and I saw Meatloaf in 1981 :bigsmile: He was great, especially during the Bat out of hell tracks, like Paradise by the dashboard light. That was a great show too, but nothing compared with LAD, of course.

Back