• Harris Murray Gers Dickinson McBrain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harris Murray Gers Bayley McBrain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harris Murray Smith Gers Dickinson McBrain

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
The 1982-1990 lineup.
Piece Of Mind (1983), Powerslave (1984), Live After Death (1985), Somewhere In Time (1986), Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

Sorry, the current lineup is awesome and their music is still top notch, and they release every 5 years in avg. Which is ok considering everything, but keep in mind; in that same time span Harris, Dickinson, Smith, Murray and McBrain wrote history.

@Forostar, what's your vote?

The 1982-1990 lineup.
Piece Of Mind (1983), Powerslave (1984), Live After Death (1985), Somewhere In Time (1986), Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

Sorry, the current lineup is awesome and their music is still top notch, and they release every 5 years in avg. Which is ok considering everything, but keep in mind; in that same time span Harris, Dickinson, Smith, Murray and McBrain wrote history.
Same, though the current lineup is a real close second to damn near tied for first .. even though they do not do as many releases, the albums are twice (or more) as long as the 83-88 releases.

I wouldn't take it too seriously, Eduardo. Some of us just take the pee in response to the general Adrian Smith worship on Maidenfans eg the Adrian Smith Statements of old.

I think the Church of Janick should elect a new head and we should wipe out the Smithians like Innocent III wiped out the Cathars with the Albigensian crusade. The heretics must die.

Oh man. Bruce's metal album with just him and Janick writing would be incredible. I have a new dream... which sadly will remain unfulfilled. ;)

Maybe it won't. I still have this feeling that after 'Arry decides to call it quits/Nicko will decide to retire, Bruce, H and Janick will continue with Bruce's solo career and it will be absolutely awesome, just like AOB/TCW/TOS have been. I don't know how probable it really is, but hey, a man can dream, right? :D

Some of us just take the pee in response to the general Adrian Smith worship on Maidenfans eg the Adrian Smith Statements of old.
I'm just about fine with H worship. Don't think it's really merited, but I can live with it. Plus, it's funny.
Janick = very bad guitar player
This I can't put up with though. Janick Gers is not a "very bad" guitar player. This is poor nonsense.

Maybe it won't. I still have this feeling that after 'Arry decides to call it quits/Nicko will decide to retire, Bruce, H and Janick will continue with Bruce's solo career and it will be absolutely awesome, just like AOB/TCW/TOS have been. I don't know how probable it really is, but hey, a man can dream, right? :D
I would think it's possible if Roy Z wasn't such a regular for Bruce. But we'll see, eventually. :p I would love Janick doing something outside of Maiden, but at the same time nothing drastically different. Another Tattooed Millionaire but this time metal in the vein of The Chemical Wedding would blow my mind. OMG, I have to stop thinking about it, because I'm hyping myself for something impossible. :(

The 1982-1990 lineup.

@Forostar, what's your vote?
I am doubting between your option and the current line-up. My favourite albums are from the POM-SSOASS line-up. But I like Janick very much, so as people and experiencing concerts, I prefer the current line-up.

Back