Favorite band member?

Suicidehummer said:
That's... what I said.

I suppose I might not of indicated everything I meant with that.

Bruce goes up and messes with Janick, and does plenty of fun stuff with the crowd, he's just a vocal version of the dancing of Janick.

Steve runs around, rocks out and sings along to almost everything even though there's no mic, sounds like fun to me.

Nicko. You basically implied that Nicko doesn't have fun.

Steve. He seems like a great guy on and off of the stage. He also doesn't appear to be too obnoxious. He and Dave seem to be the most relaxed. I personally would pick Dave and Steve to hang out with over the louder gents Nicko and Bruce  :innocent:

Cap Maronis said:
I suppose I might not of indicated everything I meant with that.

Bruce goes up and messes with Janick, and does plenty of fun stuff with the crowd, he's just a vocal version of the dancing of Janick.

Steve runs around, rocks out and sings along to almost everything even though there's no mic, sounds like fun to me.

Nicko. You basically implied that Nicko doesn't have fun.

No, Bruce is trying to keep up that image of him running around and screaming into the mic and generally being animated/theatrical.

Steve is keeping up the image of him holding the bass like a weapon and screaming the words to the songs.

Nicko, as some body already said, can be preachy, but you're right, he does enjoy himself.

You just get this sense of their egos when you see Bruce Steve and Adrian up there. I do at least. Janick is just having fun, not caring what people think of the way he dances or plays. He seems genuinely thankful and excited to be in Maiden.

Suicidehummer said:
No, Bruce is trying to keep up that image of him running around and screaming into the mic and generally being animated/theatrical.

Steve is keeping up the image of him holding the bass like a weapon and screaming the words to the songs.

Nicko, as some body already said, can be preachy, but you're right, he does enjoy himself.

You just get this sense of their egos when you see Bruce Steve and Adrian up there. I do at least. Janick is just having fun, not caring what people think of the way he dances or plays. He seems genuinely thankful and excited to be in Maiden.

Ah, okay we're on the same page now. I think it's a difference of philosophy, because what I see from Bruce and Steve, is confidence in what they're doing as performers and entertainers.

Yeah Bruce can be a little pretentious, but then again he makes Da Vinci seem lazy with the amount of things he does.

My predictions about member's personalities :

Bruce : He is emotional. He is a nice guy but he is emotional. You got to treat him well.
Steve : He is really a good guy. He wants to manage people but in a good way.
Dave : He is the most calm member. Nice guy, don't talks much.
Adrian : He is the coolest. And he is nice. Another prediction : He is getting angry so easily.
Janick : You will have a good time with him. Nice, funny and cool. Nice.
Nicko : We all know he has a joker personality. He is funny but sometimes annoying.

These are just predictions. I don't met with members. (I wish I was)

And my favorite member is Adrian Smith. Hanging out and favorite are different. I would like to hang out with Janick but my favorite is H.

I'm always surprised when reading other names than Steve's. He is THE man. Whatever his personnality (and he looks cool, unpretentious, honest and down to earth), he is Iron Maiden, so I think every Maiden fan is naturally inclined to admire him.

Harris is both my favorite and least favorite member. My favorite songwriter of all time, but controls way too much of the band's production.

Favourite member is Steve, cause he is a West Ham fan!! He also shows a lot of passion in his playing, but I also like Dave and Janick, stated earlier they seem like really nice, down-to-earth guys.

I think choosing anything but Adrian gives SMX the right to declare holy war on your ass, but I'll risk it.  I'd probably go for Janick, because he seems like a friendly, down-to-earth guy who would gladly chat over a beer or two.  If it was just a "hello", I'd say Bruce.

Nicko is my idol as a drummer, sort of. Not the only one, but the biggest up there, and greatly influenced my later development of my drumming style. I'd sure like to meet him, drummer to drummer, and talk stuff them guitar players don't get anyway :p Plus he's a cool ass. Problem is, sometimes I can't make heads or tails of what he says. His freakin' accent, man!

But I would definitely love to have a chat with Bruce too, especially about all the things he's doing, like flying. And learn how he acquired the superpowers he was born with :bigsmile:

Nicko seems like the coolest out of all of them.

I can't really base it off anything other than what I saw on Flight 666 though :p

Back