Fake Live Performances...

ohgar_boy

Trooper
Why is it that on every live performance on Visions of the beast, other than the ones from Rock in Rio, are the songs just voiced over? I think that it's really dumb that they did that... Sure, It's nice to see them live, but I actually want to hear what they sounded like for that performance.

It's not like the performance could have been THAT bad...even though Bruce kind of started to suck live after the World Slavery Tour, or so. [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Most of those videos were intended to be music videos for MTV, MuchMusic, and the like. The idea was to push the album/single, I suppose. Besides, how often does MTV ever play a live video?

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Oct 11 2004, 09:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Oct 11 2004, 09:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Most of those videos were intended to be music videos for MTV, MuchMusic, and the like.  The idea was to push the album/single, I suppose.  Besides, how often does MTV ever play a live video?
[snapback]88862[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Just the other day they played some Green Day song live...

They were promo clips meant to accompany the singles. It would make ridiculously little sense to use different music.

those are PROMO videos PROMOting singles.
lot of them are shots from not only one gig

Which was for BotB...and if I'm not mistaken, the version of Afraid to Shoot Strangers on BotB...was live.

It would seem strange if they'd made a studio version of that one, wouldn't it? Still, it sounds great and the audience might have been added over... far fetched, I know, and I'm fairly sure it's live. Somebody prove me wrong [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Steve Harris said - some years ago - that he found stupid to spend a lot of money to make a video if the TV's didn't play it : using lives shots isn't expensive and they can keep their money to make more interesting things...

Back