Evergrey

They're album 3 and 4, wouldn't call it the early ones. :p
They're early enough, particularly since they've released eleven albums now and those albums are both nearly 20 years old now. They're definitely not recent by any metric regarding the band's career.

Halway through the new Evergrey album
Escape Of The Phoenix and I´m excited as a child on Christmas morning. So far I´d rank this in the upper half of their discography with a big chance of climbing higher. I´ll post a detailed review in the Random Album Reviews thread later.

Last edited:
New single! Looking forward to the upcoming album.
A Heartless Portrait (The Orphean Testament)' heralds a new era for EVERGREY in mastering dark melodic metal. The thirteenth studio album is a new chapter in the band's history and their debut for Napalm Records. The record will be released on May 20, 2022.
A-Heartless-Portrait-The-Orphean-Testament-Evergrey.jpg

Last edited:
Time for a new ranking of the Evergrey albums, this time in 3 categories: Favourites, Least favourites and Latest albums.

I´ll start with my 4 bottom Evergrey albums.
20220615_102640.jpg
In my opinion Evergrey never made a really bad album but I consider these 4 among my least favourites of the band. All of these albums contain great tracks but also a fair amount of lesser songs... That is lesser for Evergrey standards.
I´d rank them like this:

1. The Dark Discovery
2. Torn
3. Glorious Collision
4. Monday Morning Apocalypse

Then we have the 5 most recent Evergrey records.
20220615_103726.jpg
All amazing albums which are difficult to rank them but it would be something like this, take into account I really love the new album so I had to put it at number one.

1. A Heartless Portrait
2. The Storm Within
3. Escape Of The Phoenix
4. The Atlantic
5. Hymns For The Broken

Finally, my alltime Evergrey Top 4 albums.
The most recent one is from 2004 and all these albums are also chronologically (Evergrey´s 2d, 3d, 4th and 5th album) so this is really the peak of Evergrey for me.
20220615_103750.jpg

1. In Search Of Truth
2. Solitude Dominance Tragedy
3. Recreation Day
4. The Inner Circle

Back