European tour 2010

Perun said:
Logic would dictate me to go to the Polish one, but I'm still going to the UK...

Oh by the way, I got those free tickets for the Polish one which you're welcome to have. The only trouble is they're email tickets and apparently will require an ID check upon entry.

I've whacked off an email to them, will let you know what comes of it.

Turisas have been added to Sonisphere UK, which is just as well because there's some real shit bands playing there. The weekend before there are some much better bands (including Heaven & Hell) playing at a new festival called High Voltage in London. Shame the two couldn't be merged.

Cheers! :)

Turisas added to the UK bill is some good news indeed.

Shame, I was looking forward to seeing them this summer for the first time.  I had forgotten about Dio's problems, I hope he gets better eventually.

Was just about to post it, just read it now  :(

Anyway, the important thing is that RJD gets well from his cancer. Then I'll hope to catch them on tour later, if they keep it going once he gets well ...

I wonder why the official Iron Maiden website has not yet announced that Heaven & Hell have cancelled ... maybe they wait until replacements are ready?

Well, they're a different band, and though they are playing many same shows and all, they're not really "responsible" for Heaven & Hell, they're not touring together or anything.

Invader said:
Well, they're a different band, and though they are playing many same shows and all, they're not really "responsible" for Heaven & Hell, they're not touring together or anything.

No, but since Maiden themselves announced that Heaven & Hell would be their support act for those shows, it sort of surprised me that they made no statement when it was clear that H&H had to cancel.

What I find a bit more surprising is that they have not yet announced any replacements. Maybe they could get DT to follow them to Europe? They are playing several nights together in North America now in June. I haven't seen Dream Theater live, so that could be interesting.

What do you other Europeans on here hope for?

DT will not support maiden in europe because dt's drummer mike portnoy will be on tour with avenged sevendfol during august,september and early october!

Eddies Wingman said:
No, but since Maiden themselves announced that Heaven & Hell would be their support act for those shows, it sort of surprised me that they made no statement when it was clear that H&H had to cancel.

Oh, sorry.  Didn't know they're the official support act, I thought they were just playing at a few festivals together.

Invader said:
Oh, sorry.  Didn't know they're the official support act, I thought they were just playing at a few festivals together.

For a big part of the tour, that is correct - but they were also going to support them for a few non-festival shows (like the one in Norway). Anyway, what the status of H&H should have had during the tour is no big deal.

By the way, I hope Maiden do pay some tribute to Dio (or at least say some words related to him) on the shows at which Heaven & Hell were scheduled to play.

As for the replacements, we'll just wait and see.

Eddies Wingman said:
By the way, I hope Maiden do pay some tribute to Dio (or at least say some words related to him) on the shows at which Heaven & Hell were scheduled to play.

I'm counting on it.  Rather, I'd be surprised if he doesn't.

Back