Epica

I can't open your pics :(
I can't either now. :confused:

IMAG0893.jpg

Can you see this @Night Prowler?

Last edited:
I enjoyed the Epica 1000 show. Great performance by Ariën en Coen! A bit earlier Ariën had performed with Mayan. Makes him twice as impressive. For this special concert they could have done more old songs to be honest. We only had 2 songs from the debut, 1 from the second (the ever awesome Consign to Oblivion) and none from third. Setlist:
  1. Eidola / Edge of the Blade
  2. Sensorium
  3. Fight Your Demons
  4. The Essence of Silence
  5. Storm the Sorrow (with Cristina Scabbia)
  6. Design Your Universe
  7. Ascension - Dream State Armageddon
  8. Dancing in a Hurricane
  9. The Holographic Principle - A Profound Understanding of Reality
  10. Cry for the Moon
  11. Unchain Utopia
  12. Once Upon a Nightmare ===encore===
  13. Universal Love Squad (with Marcela Bovio) === encore 2===
  14. Sancta Terra
  15. Beyond the Matrix
  16. Consign to Oblivion

Last edited:
Come on Foro, an Epicavivor would give you the chance to tell everyone why you're right and everyone else is wrong about which of Epica's albums are the best.

Looks nice, but why didn't they just polish up the live recording and release a video of that instead of overdubbing clips with the studio version? :confused:

I rather skip that. Just like with Opeth, I'm rather not the only one with a different taste.

Dude, get used to it. I'm so much against the current I used to keep waking in the middle of the night all sweaty and panicked, asking my wife to assure me that I haven't turned into a (gasp!) hipster... But got used to it. :D But yeah, all my favourites are always eliminated immediately, but I still participate as much as I can. And it was a Survivor that produced those huge walls of text on Dream Theater two years ago (though I know that's probably not something to mention in front of ye :p ). I think it's nice when people open up and the Survivor sometimes helps in that regard.

Anyway, did I take it correctly than that you prefer the early albums to the latter ones? Which are your favourites, if I may ask? (Or if you've already said so somewhere here just cross-refer).

Apparently not. I'm all for it. In fact that whole album felt more mainstream/rock album than the symphonic elements that adorned previous albums.

Back