Enslaved

Great suggestions. I'm a huge fan of Riitiir, i'd also recommend to listen to Veilburner and Materal from this album.

Won't listen till the album comes out. Already heard 3 of the 7 songs from the album, 4th would be a bit too much IMO.

Any opinions on Heimdal? I've just recently gotten back into Enslaved and decided to order all of their albums on vinyl, and am currently working my way through them. I've read nothing but good news regarding Heimdal, but I haven't listened yet to it or to Utgard. I stopped around "E," which is also an incredible album. This band needs more attention.

So, to answer my own previous question, I've now listened to Heimdal all the way through. It is easily one of their best albums, up there for me with Axioma Ethica Odini. It's a much more urgent and expansive album than Utgard and one of the best the band has put out. How they keep upping their game after having a 30+ year career is beyond me, but they do.

Heimdal is great, my favorite is Congelia but there is no bad Enslaved songs. I attended a show last month and had the chance to chat with Grutle. Nice dude.

This band never disappoints, keeps its music fresh and creative. My favorite band after Maiden, along with Mastodon.

Heimdal is great, my favorite is Congelia but there is no bad Enslaved songs. I attended a show last month and had the chance to chat with Grutle. Nice dude.

This band never disappoints, keeps its music fresh and creative. My favorite band after Maiden, along with Mastodon.
Right on! Mastodon, Enslaved, and Maiden are right in my top 5, good choices!

Back