End of the journey for Bruce

Too bad, he seemed to enjoy doing that.  I would think he could pick up another flying gig if he wanted to.

yhep, i saw it mentioned on the official website. most my family works at manchester airport and when ed force one got resprayed there a couple months ago it got us talking and it would seem astraeus' financial situation was then bleak. some already thought it'd gone

Dr Sin said:
What does this mean for Ed Force One? Isn't that owned by Astraeus Airlines?

Nothing.

"Ed Force One" was already repainted into normal scheme and it's internal configuration restored to a standard passenger plane. Besides, "Ed Force One" is any Boeing 757-200 with appropriate paintjob and composite configuration (passenger/cargo).
Two different base 757-200's were used, one for each tour (reg. Astraeus G-OJIB for SBiT tour and Astraeus G-STRX for TFF tour).

The benefit of Bruce being Astraeus employee resulted in development of this modification. It was never done before, and I'm sure that any other aircraft lease company wouldn't be so "friendly" about this. But now that's over, project works and it has already been implemented on two different airliners. Now Maiden can rent 757-200 from any source and do their thing.

Jesus harrisdevot, when I saw the title of your topic I thought it was way more serious than this.

It's sad b/c I think Bruce really enjoyed it and that it made it easier for him in terms of organizing his life (I think he said in some interview that whereas some people having nothing besides their rock star life, he has this flying thing that is a real job and takes priority, so he can't go to random autograph signings and whatnot on the whim of a manager). But I'm sure that if he really wnated to, he could get a flying gig at some other airline.

And yes, maybe this does mean he'll have a bit more time to work on some solo stuff, that would be great :D.

I, for one, enjoyed The Chemical Wedding, the movie. Sure, it's far from being a masterpiece, but as long as you don't take it too seriously, it's quite entertaining.

Natalie said:
Jesus harrisdevot, when I saw the title of your topic I thought it was way more serious than this.

Looking back to the title, I can get your point. I apologize for the inconvenient title.

snake plissken said:
I fucking love his attitude. Never defeatist, always looking for ways to improve his situation. Thank FUCK he cam back to Maiden.

Very well put, I would not bet against him. 

Perun said:
I, for one, enjoyed The Chemical Wedding, the movie. Sure, it's far from being a masterpiece, but as long as you don't take it too seriously, it's quite entertaining.

+ 1

Looks like Bruce will suddenly be much more busy with non-Maiden things. He even plans to lead this new organization:

"I will be back at the controls of a commercial airliner before I am very much older — but I may also be at the controls of the company that operates that airliner, and others like it."

Good for him, but I hope it won't influence the recording schedule of the next Maiden album.

The metro (British paper free on public transport) ran a story on bruces new plan
IRON MAIDEN star flies in to rescue troubled airline
Nothing amazing though and again terming him as 'run to the hills singer'  :lol:

I work for a travel company and each morning my job is to distribute airline/hotel news to the whole company. This morning my email included The Guardian's article on Bruce and below it I posted a photo of Bruce in pilots uniform doing the devil sign...

Back