Empire Of The Clouds

How good is Empire of the Clouds on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
This is how i imagine Bruce showing the band EotC for the first time

(Bruce starts playing the opening)

Bruce: I've been fooling around with it for a few months now. Very delicate.

Steve: It's a bit of a departure from what we normally play.

Bruce: Yeah, well, it's part of a odyssey, a musical odyssey that I'm doing it's really sad, It'll make people weep instantly.

Steve: It's very pretty, What do you call this?

Bruce: Lick My Love Pump.

This is how i imagine Bruce showing the band EotC for the first time

(Bruce starts playing the opening)

Bruce: I've been fooling around with it for a few months now. Very delicate.

Steve: It's a bit of a departure from what we normally play.

Bruce: Yeah, well, it's part of a odyssey, a musical odyssey that I'm doing it's really sad, It'll make people weep instantly.

Steve: It's very pretty, What do you call this?

Bruce: Lick My Love Pump.
OMG I'm in fucking stitches! :funnypost:

This song will end up being my favorite Iron Maiden song of all time. I just know it. It's better than WTWWB, It's better than Rime, It's better than Hallowed. This is just the ultimate Iron Maiden song. This song brought tears to my eyes, it's just so emotional. I think this will be their last song, and if it is, then it's sure a fitting one. I think the ship somewhat symbolizes Iron Maiden. Think about the band and how this may be the end while listening to it. 11/10 [\spoiler]

This song will end up being my favorite Iron Maiden song of all time. I just know it. It's better than WTWWB, It's better than Rime, It's better than Hallowed. This is just the ultimate Iron Maiden song. This song brought tears to my eyes, it's just so emotional. I think this will be their last song, and if it is, then it's sure a fitting one. I think the ship somewhat symbolizes Iron Maiden. Think about the band and how this may be the end while listening to it. 11/10 [\spoiler]

I honestly am inclined to agree. I did my best to temper expectations by focusing my hype on other parts of the album, but I was still blown away by this masterwork when I first heard it. It's the song I keep going back to the most off the album too. If ever there was a song for the band to end their careers on, it's this one. This is to Iron Maiden what The Garden was to Rush and what High Hopes was to Pink Floyd.

I honestly am inclined to agree. I did my best to temper expectations by focusing my hype on other parts of the album, but I was still blown away by this masterwork when I first heard it. It's the song I keep going back to the most off the album too. If ever there was a song for the band to end their careers on, it's this one. This is to Iron Maiden what The Garden was to Rush and what High Hopes was to Pink Floyd.
I've never encountered a song with so much emotion in it, I truly feel that this is the end, this is the last song we will hear from them. I hope it isn't though, I hope they can top it with another song. Even after listening to it twice.
Empire of the Clouds > Hallowed Be Thy Name. Easily.

I tend to agree with the latter half. This album has finale written all over it. Fine by me. I said in another thread it's a way better exclamation point on their career than TFF.

I've never encountered a song with so much emotion in it, I truly feel that this is the end, this is the last song we will hear from them. I hope it isn't though, I hope they can top it with another song. Even after listening to it twice.
Empire of the Clouds > Hallowed Be Thy Name. Easily.

I'm honestly not sure myself. It feels like this should be the end though.

This is just so far and ahead of everything else they've ever done.

I tend to agree with the latter half. This album has finale written all over it. Fine by me. I said in another thread it's a way better exclamation point on their career than TFF.

Completely agreed.

It was very cinematic, which I expected, but it was also extraordinarily accessible, which is remarkable for an 18-minute song.
It's a true ballad — not a rock ballad, but a tale put to music. Empire is obviously a step beyond, but Wild Wind points the way.

Ok, am I only one who when listen to this song see everything that Bruce is describing with piano and vocals? If I close my eyes it's almost like movie. Amazing. And, hell, for me it's sound shorter than most of the songs on this album.

Ok, am I only one who when listen to this song see everything that Bruce is describing with piano and vocals? If I close my eyes it's almost like movie. Amazing. And, hell, for me it's sound shorter than most of the songs on this album.

I think that's the point. It's not a typical song. It's more like a soundtrack to the story that Bruce is telling.

I have tears now...and I haven't heard it yet :(

I really think this track deserves a few more listens before I could give my definitive thoughts on it. It's going to take at least 2 or 3 more listens for me to fully absorb the song. At that point, I will share my thoughts on it. xD

Back