Electronica

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Does anyone here like electronica? I'm getting really into it now. Stuff like Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, DJ Shadow, The Orb, Orbital, Future Sound Of London, Eat Static, AFX, LTJ Bukem, Autechre, Kid Koala and Coldcut are really good.

Anyone else here like it, or am I asking too much? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I dont like it at all... [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It makes me think of the good old Nintendo and Atari stuff. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I listen to some of that stuff. When I listen to Electronica I mostly listen to Drum 'n' Bass, Jungle and some hardhouse.

Tangerine Dream is about the only electronic stuff I listen to. Might check out some more though.

Yello, and Kraftwerk. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've only listened to some if NIN is considered Electronica which I think he is. But I usually stay clear of that stuff. That and Rap are at the top of my 'not to listen list" lol [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've got a couple friends who are really into electronica, so I hear it when I'm around them. I've found that about 10% of it is (imo) great and the other 90% doesn't do much for me. But if someone else likes it, good for them. Whatever rocks your boat, man. The only styles of music that make me think the listener must be a moron are nu-metal and modern (not classic) country music.

Back