Electronic music: techno/trance/dubstep etc....

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
I'm sure we must have some members on here who are into this music. Some of my favorites are DJ Tiesto, Infected Mushroom, and Prodigy and Nine Inch Nails have quite a bit of this as well. Anyone else fans of this?

Also, do you think DJ's actually do much when they're pushing all those buttons and such on stage or is it mostly fake just to make them look like they're doing something? I got a pretty good feeling most of it is just for show.

Oops, wrong section.

gmije.jpg

Uhh.. Well, if any type of electronic music is included in this.
Toro Y Moi and xxyyxx are probably my two favorites.

I'm sure we must have some members on here who are into this music. Some of my favorites are DJ Tiesto, Infected Mushroom, and Prodigy and Nine Inch Nails have quite a bit of this as well. Anyone else fans of this?
I don't particularly care for any of the groups you named, but I do like quite a bit of Electronic music. I'm pretty much into any style though House never did much for me, I like some dubstep but I think it works better when blended with other styles and used as an effect. Some of my favorite artists include Lights, Wren, J Arthur Keenes, Trash80, and Skrillex. It's a cool style that in some ways takes a different type of talent than with other brands of music.

Also, do you think DJ's actually do much when they're pushing all those buttons and such on stage or is it mostly fake just to make them look like they're doing something? I got a pretty good feeling most of it is just for show.
Pretty sure it's the real deal, I know some people who make Electronic music and they definitely perform live. I don't really watch live footage though so maybe that's not always the case. But check out some IDM and you can tell they're really involved.

I like some Electronic music but I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of it. I like some of Daft Punk's stuff and if you'd consider Gorillaz in that genre, I like some of their stuff too. Then there's Kraftwerk, which have influenced much of the stuff you hear today. They're fantastic!

Example of Electronic being played live and this was in the 70's!

Also, this is a very shortened version of this song. The original is about 22 minutes long. Worth the listen and with headphones:

They have so much more to their catalog. This happens to be one of my favorites.

Actually that Kraftwerk mention by Moon Child started it all off...it got me thinking about this track that's based off a Kraftwerk number. Old skool rap crew from NY :D

There's only a handful of stuff that I like when it comes to electronic music. I dislike trance, dubstep, most techno and house. Synthpop is the only genre of electronic music for which I can use the word "love". I like the stuff that have a bit of rock influence on them so mostly New Wave stuff.

Yeah, I quite liked The Prodigy in the 90s, and sometimes listen to a bit of Skrillex and The Qemists these days.

I listen to quite a lot of electronic music. The abovementioned Tangerine Dream are a long-time favourite, as are a number of artists - mostly from the early-to-mid nineties, for whatever reason - who make really beautiful, hypnotic stuff. The Future Sound of London, Orbital, µ-Ziq and so on.

Back