Does Maiden care anymore?

maybe it is closer to 3:48 in the youtube video and around 3;46 for the Spotify file.

So what is the mistake then?

Like I said in an earlier post it would drive me up the wall if every time I listened to music either my ears were too sensitive and picked up every little tiny thing that wasn't perfect about a song; or I spent ages over analysing every detail of a song.

@Gk1

In your previous post you referred to a nasty mistake that you can hear every time you listen to the song. That would imply to me something pretty drastic and major yet I can't hear anything that's out of place. Can you elaborate on what the mistake is. Cheers

Oh, a low note in the melody got a bit scratchy. Is that it?
It's actually very charming, like they started playing rock'n'roll like it's supposed to be played

If that's a "nasty mistake", then Hendrix is the worst guitar player in history

Well it is not scratchy but a completely wrong note. Anyway........

Oh, a low note in the melody got a bit scratchy. Is that it?
It's actually very charming, like they started playing rock'n'roll like it's supposed to be played

If that's a "nasty mistake", then Hendrix is the worst guitar player in history

I have to agree with this. I wouldn't even rule out that it is made like that on purpose. If that is enough to ruin one's enjoyment of a song, I suggest listening to nothing but Dream Theater for some weeks.

Dear Lord, how did we get from an obvious mistake to Jimmy Hendrix!!!!???

Alright sir, then take a good listen to this:

and report back if all the notes are totally clean, there are no fret buzz nastiness etc, and especially if everything sounds perfectly on time

Alright sir, then take a good listen to this:

and report back if all the notes are totally clean, there are no fret buzz nastiness etc, and especially if everything sounds perfectly on time

Frus, mate I think this is leading nowhere,is it? So just let it go,please.

Well I just wanted to make a point that certain kind of imperfections are a positive thing (in fact I would go so far to claim they make the music).
Martin certainly thought so if he put that take in the final mix (and we all know he had no problem terrorizing them into getting the take exactly how he wanted, for 4 hours if need be).
In my opinion, Speed of light "mistake" definitely qualifies as that kind of imperfection

So in conclusion, I think they DO care, very much

It was never an issue of whether they care or not. I am just annoyed by the mistake. That's about it. So lets not waste anymore time on this. :)

Dunno about that but days ago I was listening to 'Arry lines in couple songs and I swear to god that he made mistake. End of the world.

I like the approach they took with Bruce on the new single, but I hope they don't do it on the whole album. I'm talking about the chorus. What's the word for the way it's done with only one vocal track? I hope they're not all like that.

Impressive that they don't have a plan or any songs ready before they go into the studio, but when they are done the album gets raving reviews everywhere. Not bad for a band who don't give a shit.

Impressive that they don't have a plan or any songs ready before they go into the studio, but when they are done the album gets raving reviews everywhere. Not bad for a band who don't give a shit.
at this point they all are well aware of that they can sneeze and make masterpiece.

Back