Does Eddie have an official height?

bbreeg614

Invader
"As a bonus for collectors, one CD from each batch of releases will also be optionally available in a specially artworked box featuring a 1:24 scale figurine and exclusive patch." Would someone please do the math and calculate how tall that would make a "full scale" Eddie?

I got the collector's edition of The Book of Souls when it released, and it also came with a 1:24 scale figurine. So I decided to check.

The figurine measures in at exactly 3 inches (7.62 cm). So going by that, a full side Eddie would be 72 inches (182.88 cm) in height. Which is six feet tall (1.82 m).

That may be a little deceiving though, as the Eddie figurine has his legs bent (he's in sort of a hunched posture). So if he were to stand at his full height, I would guess he'd be anywhere between 6-7 feet tall.

I got the collector's edition of The Book of Souls when it released, and it also came with a 1:24 scale figurine. So I decided to check.

The figurine measures in at exactly 3 inches (7.62 cm). So going by that, a full side Eddie would be 72 inches (182.88 cm) in height. Which is six feet tall (1.82 m).

That may be a little deceiving though, as the Eddie figurine has his legs bent (he's in sort of a hunched posture). So if he were to stand at his full height, I would guess he'd be anywhere between 6-7 feet tall.

Ah! Thanks! TBH I would have thought his "full scale" size would have been closer to the walk-on Eddies -10 feet or more. Silly I know , but fun!

I think the calculations could be made even more precise by checking how tall Margaret Thatcher ("Sanctuary") and Robert Maxwell ("Be Quick or Be Dead") actually were. So, if somebody has got the time... ;)

The proportions look a bit off on "Sanctuary", so let's use BQOBD. Google tells me Robert Maxwell was 1.93m. I'd say Eddie is only a few inches taller (around 5 - 7cm), so, Eddie's height is roughly 2 metres/6 foot 6 inches. :)

From SIASL single back cover:

''The Android With No Name Walked Into The Crowded Spaceport Bar, Eight Foot Tall, With Death In His Cold Android Eyes, He Strode Across The Room. Small Green Aliens Scuttled Out Of His Path, Fearsome Martian Warriors Would Not Meet His Gaze And The Air Froze When He Croaked In His Dark Gravelly Voice, ''A Pint Of Bitter Please, Mate''. :lol:

siasl single back cover.jpg

I think the calculations could be made even more precise by checking how tall Margaret Thatcher ("Sanctuary") and Robert Maxwell ("Be Quick or Be Dead") actually were. So, if somebody has got the time... ;)

Surely Eddie has keep on growing since those days. Just look at how big his head was by the end of each show on the LOTB tour!

tallinn-im--40055.jpg

Back