Do you think Maiden will change the playlist for 2013's European leg?

pilau

Nomad
I am really tough when it comes to avoiding any setlist spoilers before the show. However this year I simply couldn't resist. What can I do? The late Eighties is my favorite Maiden era.

So I just saw this year's setlist. MY FACE MELTED. MY GUT BUSTED. Holy cow!

It has so many songs I would DIE to see live! Now.. it got me thinking.. Maiden usually shift some songs between tour legs. Do you reckon it will happen with this one as well? Or, should I feel safe?

I'm scared :(

P.S. I dunno how to add spoiler tags so I didn't post the names of the songs I hope catching live next year.

Yes they will most likely change there set list but they generally seem to play more "main stream" songs on there NA gigs so who knows you might get some more surprises!

I have a feeling that Hallowed might come back. I'm sure the set will be a bit different, but it's hard to predict. It'd be really cool to see Killers or Still Life.

In the interview he did for Download, Bruce said that they wouldn't change a thing that works well and they thought this set was really good. So, no, I don't think they'll change it. Even if they do, they'd change one song, two at the most.

I don't expect them to change the setlist. People always cite the Somewhere Back in Time tour as a precedent, but I don't think that's a very good example. The setlist got changed on a leg which mostly visited places they'd already played before on that tour. They'd damn better do that. But here, they're just taking a tour on a different leg, and they don' normally change the setlist when that happens. The again, this whole tour came as a complete surprise to me, so what do I know?

I would expect it to be pretty similar if not exactly the same as the US leg, which would be cool .. it was a great show. On the surface, there seemed to be some things I would have prefered to be different, but I thought it worked really well live.

I sure as hell hope that Afraid To Shoot Stranger won't disappear. I've loved Iron Maiden since I was 6, and I'm 20 now. Never seen them live, though. I bought a ticket to Stockholm in July 2013, and the thing I look forward to the most is to hear one of my 3 favourite songs with Maiden ever live.

I would totally replace
The Trooper and FotD
with two of:
CSIT, HCW, SOM or TLOTLDR - and DWYBO (which was on the original Maiden England show)
I'm just not sure Bruce can nail some of them.

Well they sure aren't playing any SIT songs except by the one that was already played in the tour, what I expect the most is
Infinite Dreams...
that and they anouncing the Mexico dates...

Infinite Dreams might be too high a key for Bruce to hit... I don't reckon it will be played. :)() Come to think of it, SOM is probably in that category, too

For the most I just hope ATSS doesn't get replaced with something else! It is such an awesome surprise, a chance for younger fans to catch this immortal song live - in spite of it not being related to the Maiden England period whatsoever.

While watching IMTV episode from the last part of tour called "The West Coast" at mark of 4:55, I've noticed some interesting thing. On the screen, that could be on the PA or somewhere else, you can see their regular setlist with TWO extra songs in the end - Infinite Dreams and Hallowed Be Thy Name. So they considered to play Infinite Dreams but did not included it in the set. Or could it be just an special epic end of the set? In 2013 we'll see.

While watching IMTV episode from the last part of tour called "The West Coast" at mark of 4:55, I've noticed some interesting thing. On the screen, that could be on the PA or somewhere else, you can see their regular setlist with TWO extra songs in the end - Infinite Dreams and Hallowed Be Thy Name. So they considered to play Infinite Dreams but did not included it in the set. Or could it be just an special epic end of the set? In 2013 we'll see.
OMG. I hope they replace Aces High and 2 Minutes To Midnight with those two. That'd be the ultimate setlist. They could always play Walking On Glass as the intermission, so that Bruce can rest a bit.

Watching that IMTV video of the West Coast, it seems that they are in better shape now that last 2 tours... Even Adrian lost weight and Dave has more hair.

I think this was brought up before. Dave's bare arms (as opposes to whatever the hell he was wearing for En Vivo!) might make him look a little slimmer too --but he's definitely lost weight. As mentioned before, not sure what's going on with his hair. Either way, from the recent US footage, they all look in pretty good shape, which is good to see.

They are in good shape, indeed. In that recent interview with Steve, he mentioned that they all work hard to keep fit, so hopefully they'll plan an extensive European tour next year, with plenty of shows everywhere.

I really hope they replace 2 Minutes and the Trooper with Infinite Dreams and Still Life

Moderator action: Use spoiler tags. Only warning.

Back