DJMayes' Complete Ranking Of Maiden Songs

Which song will win?

• Run To The Hills

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Empire Of The Clouds

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sad to see the list end. We all have different opinions, but I enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts even if they differ from mine. I've actually given some songs a second chance because of this particular thread. Thanks so much for taking the time to put it together.

And while our lists may be different, you are spot on about the storytelling aspect. I don't care if it's called comic or nerd metal, it's what makes Maiden so much fun to listen to (and it keeps that childlike sense of adventure in me alive even when I'm matching forward middle age).

Empire won? Wow, I didn't expect that at all. Cheers for the thoughtful synopsis and interesting discussion.

Can't say I've read every single song review, but I've read a lot of them and it was entertaining to see some of the songs from a different perspective. Of course, I don't agree with a lot of them, for example - The Legacy in bottom and Empire of the Clouds as No 1. As soon as I finish my The Final Frontier appraisal I'll move to BOS, there's a lot of grumbling that I must manifest, especially with EotC.

But what I really want to comment is this: your writing really improved as the weeks pass by. It's one of those thing that no matter how talented you are improves with time and practice and this is definitely the case. The reason could also be that you didn't have a lot to say about the songs that you don't like, but I've noticed that approach has been upltifting in quality as the list was reaching the end. To sumarize: your list is weird, but your writing skills are good. Keep up the good work!

Back