Disturbing Maiden theory

[!--QuoteBegin-wasted in paris+Aug 17 2005, 01:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wasted in paris @ Aug 17 2005, 01:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]To all of u faraway Maiden fans. Just one thing! Hit the road & go & see'em live before it's too late. The chance we had at some point in Europe was that the band led by Blaze was hitting an all time low and so went to play venues they would have never set foot in under normal circumstances. And naturally, they've never been caught playing those venues again once they got back on the saddle, with the sweet smell of success all around'em.
So just go & catch'em live! It's really worth it, I have no other words to say it. U know what, get a few pints less, forget the T.shirts & the import 12" of songs u probably own ten times under various formats, spare a few bucks and go west young man or wherever else the band might be playing. U're not gonna regret it. And forget about the money, yours or theirs. U'll make money later on in life. But next time they play Canada or even the US, even if u're young & broke just do it: hitch-hike, or ride with some pals, or place an ad in the local paper to find other guys from the area willing to see Maiden as well. U'll make some new friends, will enjoy a bit of the excitement one can feel being on the road. The best option is to take a few days off and try to see 3 or 4 shows in a row; If u're clever u might even get a pass from the blokes behind the barreers.
Did that many times, so it should work for u too. Good luck!
[snapback]115682[/snapback]​
[/quote]

now that's something I can only agree with! There's hardly anything as great as a Maiden show, and it's not like they're announcing the dates just one day before they're in town! You have lots of time to plan your trip.
Save money for the next tour, come to Europe, tell me where you're going and we should have a drink... or just take our rightful space at the very front! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

If Maiden played at the Concert on the Hill they could play to some 70,000 people, I believe. That's at Halifax.

Of course, odds are that one of these times Maiden plays Gothenburg I'll be just down the road...

Maiden only playing large venues is a thing that raises questions and eyebrows. If they were truly ALL for the fans, those of us in small towns wouldnt be forgotten. I think it would be nice if they did a "small city" tour. Go to all the places they have skipped in the past few years. maybe make it like a two-part tour. Hit up all the small places in Europe, then head over to north and south a America. I say two-part because I understand that touring is stressful, and I wouldnt want maiden to hurt themselves [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . Like, they havent been in Southern California since Dance of Death (as far I know of). When they were with Ozzfest, they only played once in California, and it was NO WHERE near me. I just wanna see them once more before they stop, and with the way things are going, that seems like it is never going to happen [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

Its weird... Judas Priest and Gigantour are coming here, Motley Crue just did, but Maiden won't... But I guess thats because of the promoters, and those bands were always pretty popular in North America.

Look at it this way: They have fans all over the world; they have to pick and choose where to go. Obviously, they want to make it profitable for themselves. If they didn't concern themselves with making money, they'd only be able to expect to retire without any. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Anyway, they came to Denver again, but not Albuquerque. Ny buddy down there is pissed off about that, because it's over 400 miles to Denver for him, and he couldn't get away.

I will impress upon him that time is, indeed, running out for him to enjoy a live Maiden show.

As an aside, thanks, everyone, for indulging me rather than flaming me to cinders. I am a die-hard. You can't fault me for that, can you?

cheers!

I think by playing the big venues, Maiden are simply trying to play to as many of their fans as possible. Their age is also an issue; a while ago, I think it was Bruce who said that they would have to play fewer shows, but at larger venues, so that they wouldn't burn out but be able to carry on for longer.

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Aug 18 2005, 11:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Aug 18 2005, 11:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think by playing the big venues, Maiden are simply trying to play to as many of their fans as possible. Their age is also an issue; a while ago, I think it was Bruce who said that they would have to play fewer shows, but at larger venues, so that they wouldn't burn out but be able to carry on for longer.
[snapback]115783[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Exactly, you got a point there. Plus, who wants to get bothered playing holes in the middle of nowhere, away from home for months. There was a time when they did it and probably liked it, but hey! we're all getting old and so are they even I know that "age ain't nuthin' but a number". But here we have almost 50 year-old well mannered citizens -playing golf now!- with a family and who need the hands of the masseur after the shows. So, given their age, condition and level of excitement, they try to do their best, playing to a maximum people in a minimum shows. And to a certain extent, maybe that's the Steve Harris' s touch to pay his respect to the fans: recording as many DVD's and live albums as he can. Which, I reckon is only a second best but still better than nothing, when you're miles away from the live action. After all, we're lucky to be fans of a band with such a great back catalogue and so many collectibles and memorabilia to be gathered. Not any music lover has the same amount of aural & visual delight to expect from his fave band!

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][/quote]
Possible Plan B for the band could be doing small secret gigs during their promo tours as Metallica & System of a Down did in Paris, but that means having the whole band to do promotion together which never happens, cos they split between continents every time they have a new CD to promote. Furthermore, doing the small gigs thing would mean small venues, no backdrops, no explosions, no thunder & lightnings & no Eddie, except a minisize walking puppet during "Iron Maiden". Just as it was for the short european tour prior to Bruce's departure in 93. To me these days, it's mainly the music & I don't really care about all the stage artefacts. But if the band came to play your place without the whole gear, I'm pretty sure we would still be left with a bunch of fans groaning & moaning [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] because no entire stage set...blah, blah, blah.

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Maverick's edit: A couple of unjustified abbreviations were corrected. Please be careful next time. Thanks! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/span]

I have often wondered if it would be possible to have them come to my house for our anniversary and play out here on my land. I suppose it's a question of money, but perhaps it's more...

That's an interesting thing to ponder, several bands have held contests where the winner gets a personal concert in their back yard... maybe metal bands should start doing the same.

HI

I wonder why dont they play here at clombia? is it the money, as Duke states or other kinds of inconvenients...

If youre thinking about the security, that nobody gets close to here because of that... well... youre maybe full of preconceptions and totaly wrong..... look for exaple bands like helloween, crdlle of filth, metalica, angra, and ramstein that have come or will come (angra and ramstein (when he singer recovers))... they were totally fine and had grat gigs..... If people dont attend gigs here is becasue of economic problems... I shit on corrupt politicians and guerrillas and drugs.....

maybe im getting out of my point which is: why doesnt mayden play in small cities or EVEN in capitals of the third world... dont they have songs about that, about poverty etc??!?!?! WHY?!?!?

PS Colombia is great...

Back