Demorabilia - 1999
Nowhere To Hide - 2000
The Journey Goes On - 2003
The Best Of Praying Mantis - 2004

Lionheart

Discography-
Hot Tonight - 1984
Unearthed- Raiders of the Lost Archives - 1999

I'm not sure if this is right so feel to correct me.

No problem, mate. Dennis has done a bit more than that, but I'm not safe there either. That's the same reason why I didn't open a thread for Clive.
Any kind of research is appreciated, and of course that's what all this is for anyway [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Dennis appeared on the following Praying Mantis records:

Live at Last - 1990
Predator In Disguise - 1991
A Cry For The New World - 1993
Only The Children Cry EP - 1993
To The Power Of Ten - 1995
Captured Alive in Tokyo - 1996
Forever In Time - 1998
Nowhere To Hide - 2000
The Journey Goes On - 2003
The Best Of Praying Mantis - 2004

He also played in True Brits and on that As Hard As Iron Parts 1 and 2, with Di'Anno.

Before Maiden he played in a band called Remus Down Boulevard. The only 2 recordings with this band are in a compilation called LIVE-A WEEK AT THE BRIDGE E16 (1978).

For the ones who wonder what an Praying Mantis sounded like with Dennis Stratton, here's a full album from 1998. Warning: The singer isn't the strongest and this is not heavy music. It's very melodic and polished. I quite like some of the guitar harmonies and solos. It has an eighties hard rock vibe.

It's by no means important information, but I really like these memories shared by Loopy on his Facebook (I am constantly linking to his site, because he asks for that, hope that's OK),

On this day...

1980, Dave Lights New Years eve party, with a guest list including, Dennis Stratton, Steve Harris, Adrian Smith, Neil Murray and Frank Noone.

Reaction:
Wonder how the NYE party went considering Dennis had just been kicked out of Maiden by Steve and his replacement H was there.

Answer:
There was no animosity between them. Den was and still is very professional. He also knew that H would be his replacement. We were one big happy family.

Last edited:
Seeing as he isn't slagging the band off, I'm inclined to believe his descriptions of Rod's behavior. I wonder what kind of anti-Maiden music he was listening to?

The Eagles, Doobie Brothers, 10cc and so forth. It's not news, actually, this is pretty much what it says in Run to the Hills, p. 158-63. Even there, Rod is made responsible for it.

I remember the early days doc mentioning it too, in less detail.

I think he could have gotten away with it now, but in the early days, image was a huge thing.

Remember how Lemmy left Hawkwind. He got fired for getting caught with the wrong drugs. Not for getting caught with drugs, but for getting caught with speed instead of LSD.

Stratton plays Prowler with a cover band called Harris. He plays the solo(!) and does decent backing vox!
Running Free (slow version):

Last edited:
Nicely played Prowler solo. I don't know if he's an active musician, but it seems he still has it.

After a wait of 32(!) years Lionheart return to the stage with guest vocalist Lee Small.

Now this man has no small voice. Good singer!

There's more! From Dennis Stratton's Facebook:

alo all. After our lionheart reunion show at Rockingham sat we have had so much great feedback and support from so many people it gives me great pleasure to announce we are gonna record a new album together. I cannot believe it all of us are really excited and if you check this photo you will see Steve Mann is setting everything up in his studio in Germany so watch this space. Thanx to dave ling at classic rock and everybody who have encouraged us to do this
1f981.png
2764.png

14522904_1125683380842332_1875387127425222531_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back