Death on the Road DVD

Van Hanna

Prowler
Hi,  It has been a good few years since I last posted here and that was under a different username.  I remember one of the last things that was going on when I was last here was the Death on the Road DVD and the problems some people were having viewing it i.e loss of sound and picture freezing/pixelating.
There was talk of it being re-released due to these problems,  I was just wondering if this ever happend.  I sent my copy back due to these issues and didn't want to buy a new copy until I made sure they worked ok.

Anyone able to help out on this??

Cheers  :ok:

Well I did have the problems as well. I just got buying it again every 6 months. And now I have a working version.

So perhaps no re-release but I think it is worthwhile to try (and send it back if it shows any problems) if you still want to have one.

Yax said:
Welcome back! And sadly, no, there is yet to be a rerelease.  :down:

Thanks very much.
Warhurst said:
Well I did have the problems as well. I just got buying it again every 6 months. And now I have a working version.

So perhaps no re-release but I think it is worthwhile to try (and send it back if it shows any problems) if you still want to have one.

I think I'll give it a go.  I just wanted to make sure so I know what to expect.  Cheers

I bought mine by the time of the releasing and it works perfectly!

But i want to report a little problem of another kind... recently two friends bought the DVD and their copies came with no sleevers. I wonder if anyone here had this same "problem".

Mine is also flawless I love the dvd tho its one of the better ones, the setlist is aswome paschendale and journeyman kick ass but the whole thing is sweet!

This was (re?)released in the U.S. last year, I believe.  I did not find any of the flaws that had previously been documented.  Not sure about European re-releases. 

Yeah i think the DVD is well worth buying, the concert disc is very good and the bonus features are well worth a look too.

On the downside. Somebody managed to get 12 shots a second in the dvd. It all goes a bit fast. Too fast for me liking.

Than again I might be biased because the same show in Holland was not their best show I have seen (last year Biddinkhuizen comes to mind).

Warhurst said:
On the downside. Somebody managed to get 12 shots a second in the dvd. It all goes a bit fast. Too fast for me liking.

aka Steve Harris.

Some bands (Dark Tranquillity comes to mind now, but I'm sure there are others) use split-screen image so they can get more of the show portrayed enough.  I think Steve could really learn from this.  He's a great musician, but please don't let him get near videos anymore!

Invader said:
Some bands (Dark Tranquillity comes to mind now, but I'm sure there are others) use split-screen image so they can get more of the show portrayed enough.  I think Steve could really learn from this.  He's a great musician, but please don't let him get near videos anymore!

Yeah, it does that a little bit on Judas Priest's "Rising in the East". I think Steve should trust Shirley or whoever to do the editing, just like with the production of albums, I find it funny, because Steve always says he hates the production on their debut album, yet because their producer at the time did practically nothing, surely that means essentially Steve produced the album? It makes me wonder why he thought that but didn't think the same when he produced later albums...

Back