Death Metal

@Night Prowler

Sorry if I came off a little hostile yesterday. I took your comments the wrong way I think....also I was having a few beers and just listening on YouTube and throwing in links while doing so. Adding more info in the future is a probably a good idea to make it more interesting :D

Shoutout to @SixesAlltheway for bringing me to this thread, many good bands that I'll definitely check out as I venture deeper into death metal! Among them: Tribulation, Demigod, Purtenance, Morpheus Descends, Cianide, Demilich, Solstice, Bolzer, Detest, and Benediction.

I have quite a few year-end "projects" (finishing up Saxon, Rage, Sepultura, Omen, Turbo, and Tankard), but I'm going to buckle down at the beginning of 2016 and really dig deeper into this sub-genre. I'm probably going to kick the year off with Possessed's Seven Churches.

Shoutout to @SixesAlltheway for bringing me to this thread, many good bands that I'll definitely check out as I venture deeper into death metal! Among them: Tribulation, Demigod, Purtenance, Morpheus Descends, Cianide, Demilich, Solstice, Bolzer, Detest, and Benediction.

I have quite a few year-end "projects" (finishing up Saxon, Rage, Sepultura, Omen, Turbo, and Tankard), but I'm going to buckle down at the beginning of 2016 and really dig deeper into this sub-genre. I'm probably going to kick the year off with Possessed's Seven Churches.
Is Gojira on your list? Be sure to check them out too, if you haven't yet!

Nothing beats Gorefest though. Not a band with awesome guitar solos but certainly with excellent rhythms and riffs. And their bassist/vocalist is a power house. Accidently saw them live in 1994 and I was sold straight away. Such an impact. Suddenly I appreciated metal without clean vocals. Soon after that My Dying Bride and Amorphis followed and the rest is history.

@Dityn DJ James check out (at least) False (1992)
Here the title track:

and The Eindhoven Insanity. (live album, 1993) Here the complete(!) album!

I remember I bought this album on release. I must have listened to this a hundred times. At the height of my Death Metal listening, around 98 :D

Any UK Enslaved fans out there? Or fans of out there Norse creativity?

Have a look at the London By Norse event/festival next March. I'm going on the Saturday, looks like an interesting night.

www.bynorse.com

1449014021938.jpg

US here, seems like an awesome set Enslaved will be playing. I loved their most recent album 'In Times', it's in my top 3 releases of the year.

Back