Dave Mustaine

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
The Asssociated Press has issued the following report:

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has sued the band's former bass player, David Ellefson, for allegedly using the name of the group without permission in an advertisement for musical equipment.

The suit filed Monday (July 25) in Superior Court by Mustaine claims he and Ellefson entered into a settlement agreement in February that restricts the guitarist's use of the band name.

"Ellefson shall not use, or authorize anyone else to use, the work or mark 'MEGADETH" to advertise, market or promote any person, band, company, organization, product or services without MEGADETH's prior express written permission," according to the lawsuit.

Mustaine said an ad in this month's issue of Bass Player features Ellefson holding a pedal tuner for bass guitars and includes the names of several bands he is involved with — including MEGADETH.

Mustaine is seeking unspecified compensatory, punitive and exemplary damages.

MEGADETH was founded in 1983 and released a greatest hits album, "Back to the Start" last month. Ellefson appeared on albums from 1985 to 2002 until he got into a disagreement with Mustaine and refused to rejoin the band last year.

Some days I love Mustaine and some days I hate him. Today I hate him. I don't really think that suing Dave Ellefson is necessary. The man spent nearly 20 years of his life creating music with Mustaine, he should be able to mention that he was in Megadeth for Christ's sake.

most of the time I like dave, I agree with the second part. [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I love that band so much. It breaks my heart to see this happen. C'mon Dave, lest we forget Jr,'s contribution. Don't be the asshole I've always defended!

[!--QuoteBegin-Eddie's Lil Helper+Jul 27 2005, 02:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eddie's Lil Helper @ Jul 27 2005, 02:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The Asssociated Press has issued the following report:

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has sued the band's former bass player, David Ellefson, for allegedly using the name of the group without permission in an advertisement for musical equipment.

The suit filed Monday (July 25) in Superior Court by Mustaine claims he and Ellefson entered into a settlement agreement in February that restricts the guitarist's use of the band name.

"Ellefson shall not use, or authorize anyone else to use, the work or mark 'MEGADETH" to advertise, market or promote any person, band, company, organization, product or services without MEGADETH's prior express written permission," according to the lawsuit.

Mustaine said an ad in this month's issue of Bass Player features Ellefson holding a pedal tuner for bass guitars and includes the names of several bands he is involved with — including MEGADETH.

Mustaine is seeking unspecified compensatory, punitive and exemplary damages.

MEGADETH was founded in 1983 and released a greatest hits album, "Back to the Start" last month. Ellefson appeared on albums from 1985 to 2002 until he got into a disagreement with Mustaine and refused to rejoin the band last year.
[snapback]113254[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hmmm when will enought be enough for mustain ... i think by reading that i lost every ounce respect for him and i had a great deal he was one of the few people who created thrash metal and penned classic songs after all the times he got ripped off he never sued metallica for using what he wrote so why the fuck is he sueing elfson for using what he and (elfson) created ... fucking reteated ... but i suppose we can call him the founder of law metal

I tried posting at topic on this at the Megadeth message boards and the mods removed it for quote "obvious reasons"...riiight...

You know...I ALSO love Dave and sometimes "hate" him, but its mostly because he does stupid shit like this that I don't understand. First it was the unecessary remixing of his band's albums as opposed to what Maiden did and simply remaster them, then wanting to "disband" Megadeth AGAIN, now this bullshit, dude take a fuckn chill pill ok? Seriously, it's this kind of crap that's causing Megadeth to trail behind Maiden as my all time favorite band (well, that and because Maiden is GOD + having a superior lineup).

I remember an interview where Mustaine was trying to talk to and sort things about with Ellefson after the death of Dimebag Darrell...guess that didn't turn out too well...

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Jul 27 2005, 08:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 27 2005, 08:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hmmm when will enought be enough for mustain ... i think by reading that i lost every ounce respect for him  and i had a great deal  he was one of the few people who created thrash metal and penned classic songs  after all the times he got ripped off he never sued metallica for using what he wrote so  why the fuck is he sueing elfson for using what he and (elfson) created ... fucking reteated ... but i suppose we can call him the founder of law metal
[snapback]113295[/snapback]​
[/quote]

mustain ????? elfson ????????? Never heard of them !!!

David ellefson is the one that started this whole thing by talking shit about mustaine, and if you fuck with mustaine for no reason , yeah then he will fuck you back BIGTIME !!!!! i

Back