"Dave Murray blew me off"

Basically he's pissed because Dave wouldn't let him get a picture with him, but Dave did get a picture with two soccer moms who were apparently into Iron Maiden.

"Dave Murray blew me off" is quite a title ;)

Sounds like a crummy thing to do if this is true. I definately agree: Bros before hos.

I can't believe I just wasted my time reading that crap. To be honest if this guy is in reality anything like he comes across in his blog, I'd have probably pretended to be someone else too, if I was DM.

It sounds like a dick move the way he tells it, but the whole rant is so over-the-top and dripping with venom that I'd doubt it's 100% veracity.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft said:
To be honest if this guy is in reality anything like he comes across in his blog, I'd have probably pretended to be someone else too, if I was DM.

Exactly. Brilliant reaction by Dave (if this all did happen).

I know that irony and tongue-in-cheekness don't always translate terribly well over the internet, but seeing how this article was soaked with it, I'm honestly surprised there actually are people gullible enough to take it seriously.  :huh:

Some guys would pay a lot of money to be blown off by Davey  :innocent:
The biggest waste of time i've read in a while, can't belive he's such a passionate troll to write so much... he's a man obsessed

I'm glad I read that.
Murray sounds like such a dick.
I don't like Maiden anymore.
Time to shut down Maidenfans. I for one will not be back. 
::)

mckindog said:
I'm glad I read that.
Murray sounds like such a dick.
I don't like Maiden anymore.
Time to shut down Maidenfans. I for one will not be back.  
::)

Sarcasm detector needs replacing now!

He was at a Maiden concert, so he clearly liked Maiden - but due to not getting a picture he spends about every 4th word in his article insulting him and comparing him to various things... guessing he didn't think he was "Pumpkin faced" before this event - so he's just bitter.

I'm intrigued as to what Dave would be doing in the middle of the crowd at a gig he is going to be playing at (it was before Maiden if I read correctly). His assumption that it MUST be Dave because he said "No I'm not Dave" without him saying it? So what... I've had people come up to me at work and say "You know who you remind me of?" and I know exactly whats coming cos Ive heard it before. So, if it wasn't Dave, and just someone who looked a lot like him to the extent he could be mistaken for him.. he would be used to people thinking he was Dave, and so wouldn't have to ask who they thought he was... as for the 2 women... well if someone came up to him and started flirting with him thinking he was a famous guitar player, I'm not surprised he would play along.

I'm not saying it wasn't Dave, I wasn't there... but his list of events certainly make it a decent possibility.

The whole Bro's before Ho's.. it doesn't mean guys before girls, it means friends before 'that girl you've just met'. Personally if I was in a serious relationship I would treat it the other way round in most cases (They're your friends, they should support your choice). The only time that phrase would seem at all apt is if it was over something they would have no reason to lie about (E.G "I saw your girlfriend with another guy" and then I'd just ask her). Really it just means don't ditch your friends cos your new partner doesn't like them. In reality such a phrase should never come up because your partner should accept your friends and they should accept her for the same reason: They make you happy, and they care about you.

Not that I'm trying to explain this to you guys.. just ranting about idiotic articles ;)

Related note, I know some people who met Bruce at a fencing tournament once, and despite being knocked out rather early and rather err.. aggrevated by it, he was nice enough to chat to them. Not that they got an autograph or anything ;p (They didn't know he was going to be there)

EDIT: Oh, as for guillable etc for believing him, well, I can't see why he'd just post something like that on a metal website for no reason? Etiher way, if he is making it up... he needs to get better at story telling.

I was at a show in NY (the one when beer was spilled on the soundboard and ended the show early) and there was a guy I was SURE was DM in the crowd before the show.  He was even wearing a stage type outfit.  It turned out not to be DM at all, but a dead ringer.  Same guy maybe?

pmerrill said:
I was at a show in NY (the one when beer was spilled on the soundboard and ended the show early) and there was a guy I was SURE was DM in the crowd before the show.  He was even wearing a stage type outfit.  It turned out not to be DM at all, but a dead ringer.  Same guy maybe?

That show was stopped just because a bear was spilled on the mix-desk ?

Yes.  Someone from the balcony dumped a beer and it landed on the board.  There was a loud bang and then all went silent for just a moment.  I thought I blew an eardrum at first, but then I realized I could still hear Nicko.  After a while, it was announced that the show had to come to an end, cancelling the encore.  My biggest disappointment was not hearing Journeyman that night.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2004-01-26-iron-maiden_x.htm

rokyronnie said:
That show was stopped just because a bear was spilled on the mix-desk ?
JUST BECAUSE???

It's no small matter, you know, even though live mixers are designed to withstand stuff such as that, things can go wrong...

Back