'Dance of Death' songs live!

Cosmiceddie

Back From The Edge
In the Swiss Metal magazine 'Metalworld' Steve Harris told the interviewer that the following songs will be played live on the 'Dance of Death' tour:

No more lies
Paschendale
Face in the Sand

Steve praises 'Dance of Death' to be another brilliant song that's sounding on the 5.1 version even better!

Furthermore two other songs may become future Maiden singles:

Rainmaker
Journeyman

Besides there is an electric version of 'Journeyman' and a rock version of 'Paschendale' for possible B-sides!!!

Those three songs were the ones he mentioned!So they'll be played for sure I think. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Is this the magazine you're talking about, right? If so, could you translate the whole interview for us?

[img src=\'http://www.metalworld.ch/images/enter/titelblatt37_gr.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[a href=\'http://www.metalworld.ch/\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.metalworld.ch/[/a]

Yes, that's the one!However, I'm sorry, but if I'd try to translate that interview it would take me the whole damn day...Steve talks about every song of the album.He talks precisely about who wrote what!Pretty interesting!!The magazine is issue #38, so it's not the issue #37 that you posted.

No rush, you translate when you have time to spend on it, little by little if you can. Even if takes 2 weeks or more, no problem heheh Anyway... we'll appreciate if you can do that, if not, no problem at all!

Who wrote what on ‘Dance of Death’?Here’s the answer.According to Steve Harris(Metalworld # 38 interview).

'Wildest Dreams':Adrian wrote the main part of the song.Steve wrote the rest of the music as well as the melody and the vocal lines and the lyrics.

'Rainmaker':Dave came up with the original idea.Steve wrote the melody and the vocal lines.Bruce wrote the lyrics.

'No more lies' was written by Harris alone!

'Montsegur':Janick wrote the riff.Steve wrote the melody and the vocal lines.Bruce did the lyrics.

'Dance of Death':Original idea by Janick.The opening guitar part was written by Steve as well as the vocal lines and the lyrics.

'Gates of Tomorrow':Janick came up with the original idea.Steve gave him a hand and wrote the melody lines.Bruce did the lyrics.

'New Frontier':Adrian wrote the chorus.Nicko wrote the basics and the whole bass lines!!

'Paschendale':No comments

'Face in the Sand':Adrian wrote the original idea of the song.Steve contributed both the melody and the vocal lines.Bruce wrote the lyrics.

'Age of Innocence':Cooperation between Dave and Steve.

'Journeyman':Bruce and Adrian came up with the original idea that consisted of the chorus.Steve wrote the rest of the music

You've got all important information now... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Cosmiceddie+Aug 26 2003, 02:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cosmiceddie @ Aug 26 2003, 02:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You've got all important information now... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Thanks Cosmiceddie!!! [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Huhaaa I cCANNOT wait anymore. Please release it, please [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Cosmiceddie+Aug 25 2003, 06:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cosmiceddie @ Aug 25 2003, 06:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] In the Swiss Metal magazine 'Metalworld' Steve Harris told the interviewer that the following songs will be played live on the 'Dance of Death' tour:

No more lies
Paschendale
Face in the Sand

Steve praises 'Dance of Death' to be another brilliant song that's sounding on the 5.1 version even better!

Furthermore two other songs may become future Maiden singles:

Rainmaker
Journeyman

Besides there is an electric version of 'Journeyman' and a rock version of 'Paschendale' for possible B-sides!!! [/quote]
and of course the 4 first tracks on the DOD album... because they fucking rock... Remember Wildest Dreams is what I will call the badest song from the new album...

When maiden played in stockholm this summer Steve said in an interwiew, in the newsaper "aftonbladet", that they will play six songs from they new album!!
But maiden may have changed their minds since this summer...

I've got the Dance of death Album Ah ah ah

Dance of death and paschendale are great songs, didn't finish the album yet, will post comments later

Hope there will be a lot of new song during next tour

The iron nic

Back