Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Taker

Cannon Fodder
A good instrumental piece from the Lovedrive album. Michael Schenker only played on 3 songs for this album... Another Piece of Meat, Lovedrive, and this one. It's a good showcase for the Schenker brothers. Incidentally, I always thought the cover art for the Lovedrive album was pretty classic... 9/10 for me.

Didn't know the song (didn't know the album).

I was a bit surprised to hear an instrumental. The song is a bit slow but I love that second guitar coming in.

High 7.

This is probably my all-time favourite instrumental, favourite Scorpions song and a definite contender for my all-time favourite song list.
That steady, driving beat builds into the sweet release of one of the most beautiful melodies ever — played with exquisite phrasing and tone.
It's not that hard to play, but I can never get the emotional expression quite right.
This is one of the reasons why I think Schenker dropped too fast from guitar survivor.

mckindog said:
This is one of the reasons why I think Schenker dropped too fast from guitar survivor.

I had the delight of seeing Scorpions playing Doctor Doctor with Schenker and Uli Jon Roth, aswell as Klaus also playing the guitar.

I don;t know what I'd class as my favourite instrumental, for Schenker I prefer Into the Arena and Captain Nemo over Coast to Coast, but it is still a nice track. As you said.. it's not complexity but the expression of the notes.

I'm going to give it an 8.

Back