Current SBIT setlist (possible spoilers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date

How do you feel about the current setlist?

• It's great!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Majority of the setlist entries please me.

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • It would take several changes to please my taste.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • It sucks.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 7164

So for all of you that didn't resist spoliers after the Indian show...

My answer, i'll vote for "several changes", altrough in reality it's really between that and "it sucks". I would change exactly one third of the setlist.

Re: Current SBIT setlist

The majority of the setlist makes me happy.  Though I can appreciate that for others it would be a little frustrating.

Posters!  Spoiler anything what needs spoilerizing!

Re: Current SBIT setlist

The majority im fine with, I didnt expect anything different. However one song on there certainly doeesnt belong there considering its a history tour for the 80s and hopefully its a song for a few shows only (like Charlotte the Harlot on the Early Days tour, although I would have liked that song to have stayed.). I think we all know which song I mean.

well I'll spoil almost the entire post

...let's see the playlist again : (with some comments here and there)

1. Aces High
2. 2 minutes to midnight
3. Revelations ---> 6 minute song. could be stranger in a strange land
4. Trooper
---> could be flash of the blade
5. Wasted Years
6. Number of the Beast ---> I'm fuckin tired to hearing this all the time, pleasant surprise the AMOLAD tour
7. Run to the hills
---> could be only the good die young
8. Rime of the ancient mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven can wait ---> I don't like it, plus I was tired of it during my 1988 -95 gigs
11. Can I Play with madness
12. Fear of the Dark   ---> could be infinite dreams
13. Iron Maiden ---> the only un-historic song that I can accept, because it's the trade mark

14. Moonchild
15. Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed be thy name ---> could be Alexander the Great, so to end the gig and turn
some thousand fans completely nuts

IT SUCKS ! it doesn't give me the feeling to buy a ticket, yet I know I'll buy one
Maiden prooved to be very brave during their AMOLAD tour, but now....
Fear of the Dark ?? where the hell is Alexander ???
it's been almost 10 years that everywhere on earth fans demand it

I spoiled my vote in order not to fuck the surprise of those who would like to be surprised

The changes i would make to the setlist are:

Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 minutes to midnight
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Children Of The Damned
6. Still Life
7. The Clairvoyant
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven can wait
12. Stranger in a strange land
13. Iron Maiden

+

14. Moonchild
15. Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son
16. Wasted Years

People, let's try to stay with both feet on the ground.

It's very possible that setlist will be changed on the second leg. But, they've already said there's room for only one long epic, and i don't honestly think they'll play stuff that wasn't played before.

Dr Cox said:
The changes i would make to the setlist are:

Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 minutes to midnight
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Children Of The Damned
6. Still Life
7. The Clairvoyant
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven can wait
12. Stranger in a strange land
13. Iron Maiden

+

14. Moonchild
15. Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son
16. Wasted Years

That setlist would be pure ecstasy, Cox. Except that I still would like to keep
Hallowed
, it is mandatory.

However, I vote for the second option. The majority of this list is goooood stuff. However, I would like the following changes:

Out: Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Fear of the dark

In: Stranger in a strange land, Caught Somewhere in Time, Infinite Dreams

I'm totally happy with the selected songs, but I simply think there are
too many songs that are not from the albums that were said to be the focal point of this tour

A general note without mentioning song names: Some of the songs contained here are so great that I normally wouldn't even dream about being unsatisfied by the setlist. However, when I heard "the leading potatoes are going to be from Powerslave, SIT and SSOASS" the bar was placed so high that any real set list would nearly have to be a letdown. Still, even though I know the setlist and would've changed it a bit if I was responsible, I'm looking so much forward to July the 22nd  :D

Well i love the setlist, and i'm extremely glad they're still doing

Fear Of The Dark

I just wish they'd also do

Caught Somewhere In Time; Infinite Dreams; and Flight Of Icarus; (And also Wrathchild)

Seely: I like all the songs you mention, but I still disagree with you, for the following reason: (I'll put everything in spoiler tags just to be safe):

As we all know, Maiden did an "Early Days"-tour in 2005 where the set list consisted of songs from the four first albums only. Therefore I had hoped that the obvious songs from NOTB could get a break now, considering they were also played in shows after the AMOLAD tour.

From Powerslave we get the songs we had expected, that's fine. But that they feel they need to play so many of the obvious songs is a bit disappointing. Having The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills and Fear of the Dark in the set list now feels a bit unneccessary as all those sons have been played on recent tours.

When the tour was announced, we were told that the focus would be on the three albums succeeding Piece of Mind. Now we actually have a set list where Piece of Mind gets the same number of songs as Somewhere in Time, and where NOTB gets as many songs as Seventh Son. It has simply turned into a "greatest hits pre-Blaze" tour. Of course that is great.

However: The three albums Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son were all successful, and in total they contain enough "hits" to fill most a set of 100+ minutes. Songs that they could've played and still playing "safe" include Stranger in a strange land, The Evil That Men Do and Infinite Dreams. None of these would be extreme surprises, but would be better suited to the original idea of the tour. The following set list would still, in my opinion, be "playing it safe":

From Powerslave: The songs they actually play
From SIT: The songs they play, plus CSIT and SIASL.
From SSOASS: The songs they play, plus TETMD and ID.

We knew that we weren't going to get Alexander, Only The Good Die Young or Seventh Son. But the set list we have actually got is more safe than I had hoped for.

But it's up to Steve and the boys, of course. And if they enjoy playing the songs they do, and they do it well, then who am I to complain? They are playing a shitload of good songs.

What saddens me that they fail to suprise with the setlists. I mean, like many of you said before, the tour has too many songs that we heard over and over again... That`s Maiden`s weak point- they don`t take risks and leave out the more popular songs from the damned tour.

What about the Dream Theater method? According to a friend of mine who is a DT fan, they usually have the following set list policy:

- If they play in a city they have played in earlier, they make sure all the songs is different from the last time
- They don't play the same song for two shows in a row

Of course, for Maiden this would be difficult since they have some songs that the fans will demand, like Hallowed Be Thy Name which they always play. This is of course due to the fact that these songs have been played over and over, and many feel that they belong in the set.

On the other hand - it would be great if, say, half the setlist was constant throughout a tour, whereas the rest was changed from show to show. For the SBIT tour, I would then like the following songs to be played throughout the tour (out of those they actually are playing):

Powerslave
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Wasted Years
Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
Revelations
Hallowed Be Thy Name
(and we would get Iron Maiden, of course)

That's eight songs. Say that the rest were picked from a selection of 20 other 80's songs, with most of the 20 coming from the three albums from 1984 to 1988. Would be great, like a certain Greek guy.

As an opener, they could alternate between Aces High and CSIT  :D

Didn't someone once say "You can't please all of the people all of the time." ????

What makes Maiden so great in my humble opinion is that they have such a vast resource of great songs that whatever setlist they came up with would spark debate.

For all of the people who think the current seltist is "safe" or "predictable" there will be a like numbered amount of people excited and thrilled to be hearing those songs.

Maiden have a vast army of fans and a lot of the fans will be seeing them for the first time as a lot of the cities they have played so far have either been first time evers or first time in donkeys years (that's slang for a long time) so will not have heard the likes of
The Trooper
et al before played live. Yeah I'm disappointed to a degree with a few of the songs and there are a couple more from SIT I would have dearly loved to have been on there but one thing is certain, if you have a ticket to the show are you going to come out of the gig afterwards thinking "what a fucking waste of 2 hours that was". I don't think so.

Debate is good and healthy but if I ever catch someone using the word "suck" and Maiden in the same sentence again I'll chop ther fingers off with a rusty pen knife.

This was the first time I scream along with bruce soo its hard to complain, but ...
there are some songs that are way to overplayed..."The Number Of The Beast" and "Piece Of Mind" were played on the
Early days Tour

this should ve been a "Powerslave" , "Somewhere In Time" , "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" Tour ...
(+ Iron Maiden & Hallowed Be Thy Name)

this is the perfect set list:

01 Aces High
02  2 Minutes To Midnight
03 The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
04 Infinite Dreams
05 Wasted Years
06 The Clairvoyant
07 Can I Play With Madness
08 Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
09 Powerslave
10 Moonchild