Curiosity in No Prayer

Pico-Union

Invader
I just wanted to tell you fellow Maiden fans that in the song No Prayer for the Dying from the same album, there is a yell that you can hear when the song ends.
I was just thinking that if you look at the original picture of No Prayer, you have a picture of Eddie strangling the gravekeeper. The gravekeeper's yell might be the yell that we listen to on the song.
What do you guys think?

I don't know if you're talking about the same thing, but for me, it is at the begining of 'public enema number 1' (on both versions : original and remaster). Maybe there's a glass-mastering's problem on your copy and the sound is on track #3.
It appenently happens very often on the remasters CD.

Anyway, about the sound, I always thought it was Nicko, the 'Public Enema #1'. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks for the reply. I know that at the end of Public Enema there is a sound that might be Nicko just saying something but at the end of No Prayer there is another "sound." Listen to it.
I think it's the gravekeeper that is getting choked by Eddie on the No Prayer album cover.

Talking of the "gravekeeper", it looks to me more like it's a grave robber. The reason he disappeared from the cover of the 1998 re-release could be that he's apparently a Gypsy and that the band could have been (unjustly) accused of racism. Just a hypothesis...

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Mar 23 2005, 05:11 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 23 2005, 05:11 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Talking of the "gravekeeper", it looks to me more like it's a grave robber. The reason he disappeared from the cover of the 1998 re-release could be that he's apparently a Gypsy and that the band could have been (unjustly) accused of racism. Just a hypothesis...
[snapback]100388[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's the first time I hear this. Interesting ! Never saw the guy as a gypsy, it's not obvious at least. I will go and take a look.

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Mar 23 2005, 04:11 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 23 2005, 04:11 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Talking of the "gravekeeper", it looks to me more like it's a grave robber. The reason he disappeared from the cover of the 1998 re-release could be that he's apparently a Gypsy and that the band could have been (unjustly) accused of racism. Just a hypothesis...
[snapback]100388[/snapback]​
[/quote]

As long as I recall, Riggs said that the band didn't like that graverobber since the first time they saw the original cover and when they were going to reissue the album they wanted Riggs to paint a new version without the graverobber. I don't thinkit's necessary to look deeper into the situation.

Back