Cradle of Filth

soundwave

Educated Fool
Couldn't find a thread.

I originally thought these guys were a bit naff back in the day, but I re-listened to cruelty and the beast and I actually really enjoyed it. Dani's voice doesn't bug me as much anymore and I quite like most of their earlier discography if I'm in the right mood. What is worth checking out of their more recent (last 10 years) releases?

I love the old Cradle stuff from 'Principle to Midian' but after those albums, the albums after that were just plain terrible or very patchy. In terms of albums in the last ten years or so I thought that 'Thornography' was actually very good.

The recent remaster of Cruelty and the Beast is excellent.

I'm listening to their latest release Existence is Futile now. I have not paid very close attention to the band for almost 20 years now, but am struck by how they've managed to maintain a very consistent sound despite an incredible turnover of bandmembers pretty much from day one. Can anybody more musically minded than me explain how this works? Is it simply a case of Dani asking junior members to copy the band's established sound on each new release?

Back