Co-written Harris songs of the nineties

Which one is your favourite (at the moment)?

• Tailgunner (Harris, Dickinson)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Holy Smoke (Harris, Dickinson)

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Fates Warning (Murray, Harris)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Run Silent Run Deep (Harris, Dickinson)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nodding Donkey Blues (Dickinson, Harris, Murray, McBrain, Gers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Apparition (Harris, Gers)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Weekend Warrior (Harris, Gers)

• Justice Of The Peace (Murray, Harris)

• I Live My Way (Harris, Bayley, Gers)

• Lord Of The Flies (Harris, Gers)

• Look For The Truth (Bayley, Gers, Harris)

• The Aftermath (Harris, Bayley, Gers)

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • The Edge Of Darkness (Harris, Bayley, Gers)

• 2 A.M. (Bayley, Gers, Harris)

• The Unbeliever (Harris, Gers)

• Virus (Harris, Gers, Murray, Bayley)

• Futureal (Harris, Bayley)

• Lightning Strikes Twice (Murray, Harris)

• When Two Worlds Collide (Murray, Bayley, Harris)

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Let's see what will come out of this one.

Shoot! :)

(I can't decide yet, I have 3 or 4 candidates that I'll play first. It has been a while since I heard them.)

I don't want to choose between Lord Of The Flies, The Aftermath and Virus.

When you look at these set of songs, you may begin to realise just why The X Factor is a good album:

Lord Of The Flies
Look For The Truth
The Aftermath
The Edge Of Darkness
2 A.M.
The Unbeliever

Any one of those could have got my vote - particularly 2AM or The Edge of Darkness.

However, I must go for Tailgunner for reasons I have given in the Dickinson co-written thread. :D

I voted "Holy Smoke". I really like the NPFTD album, and that song is so darn catchy!

Im sure theres a lot of great songs on the X Factor, but the only two i have heard of the album are Man on the Edge and Sign of the Cross, so i couldnt vote for any of the XF songs.
I was really debating whether to pick "The Apparition" though, i love that song for an unknown reason.

Somewhat a hard choice (not as hard as the other Steve Harris ones though), but I'm going to choose The Edge of Darkness.  That song represents the whole album as a whole: very dark, moody, atmospheric, and emotional, and showing some great Blaze singing.  And the beginning lyrics: "I've looked into the heart of darkness, where the blood red journey ends. When you've faced the heart of darkness
Even your soul begins to bend..."
  Amazing stuff.

I voted for The Unbeliever.

Masterful progressive and original song with the coolest solo ever recorded by Janick.

Magic instumental part. Can't describe how good it is even. And Blaze really shines on this track.

Once a ploughman hitched his team  here he sowed his little dream
Now bodies arms and legs are strewn where mustard gas and barb wire bloom

With lyrics like these and the awesome Janick solo, who can not like The Aftermath.  The contender was Virus.

Agreed, Genghis. Very strong lyrics and as you say, a great solo (one of Janick's better solos). I also like Futureal and Fates Warning, but my vote goes to The Aftermath.

Oh this is too tough. Lord of the Flies, The Edge of Darkness, The Aftermath, 2 A.M., these are all contestants. When Two Worlds Collide and Lightning Strikes Twice are also in the top 6. Ugh, I'll go for The Edge of Darkness but really that's not accurate, most of these could be my favorite on any given day, it all depends on my mood.

Back