"Classic/overplayed" songs you still enjoy hearing

How exactly the Clue Game and Overexposed Game similar? Clue Game is guessing songs that are already placed somewhere, Overexposed Game is placing them somewhere.

As for suggestions, I'd put Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel in the game.

I thought of some more:

Rush: "Tom Sawyer"- I love Rush, but once again.. if classic rock radio stations would realize that this is not the only Rush song

Yes: "I've Seen All Good People"- I like Yes, but this song has always annoyed me

The Who: "Who Are You"- same as above

How exactly the Clue Game and Overexposed Game similar? Clue Game is guessing songs that are already placed somewhere, Overexposed Game is placing them somewhere.

As for suggestions, I'd put Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel in the game.
Clue Game is an intro to Classic Rock Knockout... both SMX's games. And as the name suggests - Classic Rock Knockout is a knockout game.

mckindog and I have figured this out. He's going to run a Survivor that will last a few months (and should start soon). After that comes my knockout which is six months. We'll have several months between seeing the same songs against each other, and it will be a different format.

For consideration: some songs that didn't make my top 512.

REM, Losing My Religion
Zep - When the Levee Breaks, Dazed and Confused
Metallica - Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters (dunno about loving the latter but it's overexposed)
Hendrix, Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
Pearl Jam, Jeremy

Most of the above. The reason some songs are 'overplayed' is they're actually quite good! I've never quite got the enthusism for Run to the Hills, though. If we're on Maiden, I think the likes of Trooper and Hallowed are quite deserving of a lot of attention, but I feel like I've missed some important point when people go wild for RTTH.
The lyrics are amazing. I don't tend to bother much about lyrics, but those are fantastic. And while the first part is quite simple, the second part turns into something completely unexpected. I must confess a special feel for this one as it is the first Maiden song I've heard, when the single was released. But I wouldn't mind Maiden dropping that number from the set.

Zep - When the Levee Breaks, Dazed and Confused
Metallica - Enter Sandman,
Pearl Jam, Jeremy
Good call on these ones. Although I rarely hear Jeremy, usually when I hear Pearl Jam on the radio or something it's Alive.

And that Enter Sandman riff never gets old. :rocker:

Last edited:
Jeremy is overexposed to me, it was far the bigger hit at the time. Perhaps Alive has stood the test of time as well. (Black is the best song on that album but I wouldn't call it overplayed.)

Surprised you don't like the Hendrix song. You're a guitarist; you are required by some kind of law to worship Jimi (like I, as a bassist, am required to worship Geddy Lee).

Oh I like the song but that's one that I've gotten a bit burnt out on. That said, the riff itself is still great, probably my favorite of his actually.

Where I live the classic rock station always puts Money, and Comfortably numb by Floyd, I never get tired of blasting it and singing along. Just fucking classics.
They also play Ramble on and Stairway to heaven. I don't get tired of those songs either. Those 4 songs just take you to a good level you can't turn the station to another you must listen to the entire song.

Back