Classic albums and famous bands you don't like

I have missed this thread somehow. Here goes:

Rush
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Ozzy

There must be more, so I'll add later.

...If you cut Rush from this list, I completely agree. I adore Rush, but the other three I couldn't care less about. Don't get Zep or Floyd, Ozzy is annoying.

And I was right. I forgot to mention The Doors.
:turd:

I agree. Never understood there appeal. A friend gave me an MP3 CD with most of their discography.... I only like 2 songs. The rest are either "meh," or flat out pointless. However, thanks to The Doors we have Amorphis, so I'll give them a pass lol

I don't know if it's really regarded as a classic, but I'm honestly not a big fan of A Matter of Life and Death by Maiden. I don't really like the album cover either. I think it would've been better if Eddie was more in the foreground and not in the background like he is. Not a big fan of Bauhaus either, (they do have a couple of great songs though) They are not a patch on the latter goth rock bands of the 80's. Can't stand Cannibal Corpse. For my ears they are too heavy and no melody to them. That's all I can think of for now.

I don't know if it's really regarded as a classic, but I'm honestly not a big fan of A Matter of Life and Death by Maiden. I don't really like the album cover either. I think it would've been better if Eddie was more in the foreground and not in the background like he is.
I myself like the cover and the album's decent, but it's certainly not the masterpiece others consider it to be.

Can't stand Cannibal Corpse. For my ears they are too heavy and no melody to them.
I agree with you to an extent. I listen to CC every now and then, and some of their songs, particularly "Hammer Smashed Face", are awesome (I'm so mainstream lol). But they'll need a lot more listenings before I actually like them overall. There's so much other death metal that's better.

Regarding CC, I've actually always enjoyed the deathrash debut a lot (still have the T-shirt) and I remember listening to Skeletal Domain when it came out and thinking it was pretty good. I'm also kinda partial to Butchered at Birth, but those albums in between are mostly meh.

Ronnie James Dio.
I tried so hard to love him and his voice as he's considered to be one of the best rock voices (if not THE best), but I can't. I listened to all of his albums, but they only made my head and ears ache. I don't know what is wrong with me, Dio sounds too monotonous for me - it's all the same with his vocals from one song to another... I got tired of him and got back to Bruce again to heal my ears :D:bigsurprise::notworthy:

AC/DC and most of metal bands (JP, Manowar, BS, Motorhead etc) as well. They sound as complete nonsense to me...

I'm not a big fan of Motorhead or AC/DC discography but both bands I consider great. Judas Priest rules and Black Sabbath I won't even mention...

Manowar? Now there's some grade A manure.

Actually, the first four albums are Grade A Excellence.

Back