Chess

So, after several top players called for the FIDE Candidates Tournament to be postponed and Temur Radjabov refused to participate, the tournament went ahead. Now when they're half way through, the players will be sent home immediately, amidst fears the announced restrictions on flights in and out of Russia would make it uncertain when and how the players would be able to return home. The other half of the tournament will be played "as soon as the global situation regarding Covid-19 permits".

So, after several top players called for the FIDE Candidates Tournament to be postponed and Temur Radjabov refused to participate, the tournament went ahead. Now when they're half way through, the players will be sent home immediately, amidst fears the announced restrictions on flights in and out of Russia would make it uncertain when and how the players would be able to return home. The other half of the tournament will be played "as soon as the global situation regarding Covid-19 permits".
It was shocking that they even started the tournament. Radjabov probably feels this is very unfair to him, and I can understand that.

One night in Bangkok makes the... oh, that kind of chess. Eh, in moderation.

traces_of_nuts_cards027_large.png

More to the topic, here's a recently published paper @Perun and I wrote together some time ago:

^Quite proud of it, I must say, and I regret we didn't celebrate properly with pubs in Sofia closed due to youknowwhat.

More to the topic, here's a recently published paper @Perun and I wrote together some time ago:

Did not know you guys were publishing together! I will read.

Turns out FX Schmid used to have their own "western-user-friendly" version of Shogi called Samurai in 1974.
1656012366723.png
#LiveAndLearn

Anybody following the World Championship match? So far we’ve had 6 games, 4 of which have been decisive. Cool stuff, I’m rooting for Ding Liren but I don’t mind either one winning the match.

I am a registered chess player on this chess website: chess.com

Are there any other forum members playing there?

Back