Which band is cheesier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
bnr_zpse40vjclv.png

For the prologue, see this link.

For the first battle in this campaign, go here.

Campaign 1: Dragon Battalion, Battle 2: Insania vs Emerald Sun

Insania - Heading for Tomorrow
The term "generic Gammaween power metal rip off" is really used very much these days, but... oh screw it, I can't even be arsed to come up with anything wittier than that.

Emerald Sun - Metal Dome
Call me crazy, but I think there is something inherently cool about this band. Sure, they are cheesy and hardly original in their brand of Mediterranean power metal, their lyrical themes or their overall image, but they are still different. They can still somehow claim uniqueness to them, and they do that in a pretty cool way.

Helloween rip off as hell indeed. Even the name I think (from lyrics from Twilight of the Gods: listen here :) ). I guess I still like it a bit more than the other song, although I dislike the Eagle Fly Free chorus. I do appreciate the other hooks.

The first one.

Metal Dome has a good singalong chorus if you're a hardcore fan of the band, I guess. But it doesn't grab me and I'll never become one. That song doesn't warrant a length of almost 6 minutes.

I had no idea so much of this stuff existed. Emerald Sun have to get my vote. Tacky speech at the beginning, set against very fake wind sound as per BBC dramas of the 70s, unimaginative music and lyrics, and they also get 'metal' references in there, for additional cheese value. Insania are just generic.

I'm liking the commentary in this game btw. :p

I had no idea so much of this stuff existed. Emerald Sun have to get my vote. Tacky speech at the beginning, set against very fake wind sound as per BBC dramas of the 70s, unimaginative music and lyrics, and they also get 'metal' references in there, for additional cheese value. Insania are just generic.

All of this.

Emerald Sun. All the way. Wow, that is purely cheesy stuff. Like, I get ripoff cheese, but that whole thing was just...incredible.

Back