Caveman's Diary

[!--quoteo(post=132681:date=Mar 22 2006, 02:39 AM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Mar 22 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]132681[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Since when is a rotting carcass fresh air?
[/quote]
Ask Black Dragon. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Posted an excerpt from the latest diary entry on the news page. This is sounding worse and worse in my opinion. If I want to hear 12 minute songs I'll buy dream theatre. Maiden should stick to what they did best and bring it into the modern age. I'm all for a Harris penned epic but serriously I'll nod off if I have to listen to 10 of them!

[!--quoteo(post=132911:date=Mar 24 2006, 06:02 PM:name=fuzzboy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(fuzzboy @ Mar 24 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]132911[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I agree with RW. One long song on an album is enough.
[/quote]
If the song is great then it shouldn't matter how long it is. I don't think anyone would be mad if they put a few more ROTAMs on an album.

Come on people, what is a long song? First I was excited when I saw RW posting "12 minute" song, but after reading the diary we still don't know anything yet about the lengths of the songs (or did I miss something?)

[!--quoteo(post=132925:date=Mar 25 2006, 10:53 AM:name=Forostar)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Forostar @ Mar 25 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]132925[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Come on people, what is a long song? First I was excited when I saw RW posting "12 minute" song, but after reading the diary we still don't know anything yet about the lengths of the songs (or did I miss something?)
[/quote]
We're just jumping to conclusions for no reason. Don't worry, I'm sure the album will be great and won't contain 10 12-minute songs [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"B)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"cool.gif\" /]

Hey, you never know. Maybe they surprise us with an album with just one song that is about an hour long. I think it would be pretty cool. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /] Is there some sort of anti-long song bandwagon going around here? ::

Maybe they will indeed use Pink Floyd-ish female vocals. Maybe the whole album will be a tribute to Pink Floyd, with one 30 minute song and three others clocking at five minutes each [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=132945:date=Mar 25 2006, 06:54 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 25 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]132945[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Maybe they will indeed use Pink Floyd-ish female vocals. Maybe the whole album will be a tribute to Pink Floyd, with one 30 minute song and three others clocking at five minutes each [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]

So, will the album be called 'Our attempt of doing a Meddle'? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

They should record Nicko having dinner and do their own version of Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast for a b'side!

I still think people read too much into those diaries. The recording is still in a very early stage and I believe Kevin just posts some vague descriptions to have something to write. From what he's said so far it's impossible to say what it'll sound like so there's no need to get all worked up over an adjective you just happen not to like the sound of.

God, why are you guys all whinning about? The band has the right to do whatever they want, and if they want to got Pink Floyd on us, fine by me. If they want to release St Anger, Pt2, again, fine by me. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

I agree with Shadow. The only conclusion i really can get out of the diary, is that they have begin to produce [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Back